BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Newbie E34 owner...

1K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  GavGTD 
#1 ·
Hi guys n gals, i'm Gav from Nottingham.

A handfull on here will know me from the meet at Autobrite Direct Sunday just gone, where i was busy machine polishing an Astra VXR (Sorry i did'nt get chance to mingle a little more).

Had the call today to say my 520i is ready to be picked up from a friend of my Grandparents. I've been waiting for it since last year as the current owner used it for business and has been slowly winding down to retire.

All i know about it so far is its fairly high mileage, green with cream or tan leather and alloys lol, not seen it yet. I've been assured its in great condition and been looked after as the owner has had it from new and sent it to BMW for anything its needed over the years.

The price i'm paying for it? Mowing a lawn once a week for the remainder of this summer! BARGAIN!!

I will update with pics when i get it and possibly start a project thread as i'm planning to spend many hours detailing it and maybe show it tail end of this year or next.

Anyway, thats all for now! drive safe all...

See less See more
#6 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome chaps! Don't worry there will be plenty of pics inluding befores and afters with maybe some mini guides in there too! I'm more than happy to pass some knowledge on (but not all eh? ;) ). Still not sure on the condition as yet but hopefully picking it up within the next few days.

Gav

#7 ·
Welcome mate, if that ain't a bargain I don't know what is..:thumbsup

#9 ·
You done a cracking job on that VXR!

Welcome to the forum mate!!

#10 ·
The price i'm paying for it? Mowing a lawn once a week for the remainder of this summer! BARGAIN!!
You paid HOW MUCH for it?????:jaw-dropping

I think that I would rather of paid real money and cold hard cash than spend my time in anyones garden... Though, if the "summer" is like it normally is, you will only have to cut it once....:hihi

#12 ·
well here she is folks! Must say i'm pleasantly suprised with her condition. Off the top of my head its good points are:

Only 135k
plenty of service history
nice colour
drives like its brand new!
has original tool kit and first aid box
no rust whatsoever!
spare set of alloys!!!

Bad points:

few stone chips
lacquer peel on rear arch (que my bodyshop man)
not leather as i was told (probably a good point actually as the interior is mint)

Only thing not original is the head unit, and probably good enough to show with only a few improvements. So far so good, love the way it drives although the steering and pedals are quite stiff, not sure if its normal or not.

I shall start a project thread as i start work on her. Not got any mods planned as yet, toying with keeping her OEM but the Mrs thinks the wheels are too small so shall see.

Any comments and crit welcome!

#13 ·
Very nice!!

Not bad for an old girl!!!

Reactions: GavGTD
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.