Hi All

Another new member here, from Australia... I have owned a few BMW's in the past few years, from an E46 318ti, to an E38 735iL, then an E30 320i Convertible, to my current car - an E36 328i Convertible (Manual), with the full M3 kit from factory in Dakar Yellow

I spent a lot of time replacing half the E30 steering and suspension, and then replaced the head.. all before deciding the 2.0l engine and auto gearbox were quite under powered. I sold the E38 a couple of years ago when we picked up an 09 Volvo XC70 as my wife wanted something with a warranty (or a car I wouldn't keep 'upgrading' - ie widescreen sat nav/E66 wheels, the list goes on!).... in saying that, the E38 was a great car and had done over 300,000k's by the time I sold it, and of all the cars I have ever owned - I probably miss that one the most.. especially that V8 roar when you got going (although the 328i has a great sound to it)

I regrettably made my first post last night when I couldn't put the roof up on the E36 (the tonneau cover doesn't close when the roof is going up) but otherwise it has been so far so good (although I have only had it a couple of weeks!)

Hopefully someone out there can help me , and I can pass on the knowledge I have built by owning and self servicing/repairing the models I have owned previously