BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Newbee Saying Hi

956 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  old grey steve 
#1 ·
Old to the Forum game but new to this site... never knew it exsisted until I stumbled upon it by reading one of the BMW mags.. what a site.. its huge...

So I joined up.. Anyway car wise here's what I've got. An 03 registered 330d Sport in the best colour Steel Grey.. however a few shall we say mods have taken place.

Mechanically the ball got rolling with a DMS remap back in 2005. What an improvement and for a few years that how it stood. But of late a couple of other items have gone on. Firstly and at the same time a DeCat was fitted

along with a full CAT Back BlueFlame exhaust system

and what an difference. Nice deep burble and it spools up so much better.

On the brakes front I've had these from BMW for a number of years

Eibach Pro Kit completes the picture so far though Koni FSD's will be going on shortly and maybe one of these if I feel the need

But its the outside where things have changed. Door mirrors were changed from these

to these

its usual when these are fitted to paint the base plates body colour but I chose to stick to the gloss black finish,

ensuring that it looks OEM

Next up were the wheels. I went from these

to these

and nice though they were when these came up I couldn't say no

but not in silver... in a mix of Grigio and Nero was my aim

nice thing about this combo is that it changes depening on the light from light to dark...

Get the car cleaned up it looks a whole lot better

notice I changed the BBS caps from black to red

and it remained like this to the mid part of last year when I bought some ClubSport Splitters fitted them on and wasn't happy withthe way they looked overall. Don't get me wrong they look OK and the fit was snugg

but I didn't appreiciate once done I would have an issue re how they are suppost to look and I'd seen plenty of cars with them on so I should of known better.

Therefore plan B but befor plan B an AC Schnitzer rear roof spoiler came alone to the party

and plan B involved a lot of shaving a bit of body filler and a lot of fitting and re fitting as you can see below

and I happened to stumble upon a glassfibre CSL spoiler you know on of thoes that you just paint and bond to the OEM tailgate. I had other ideas and at the same time as I was smoothing out the ClubSport Splitters I asked for this to be done they way I wanted it with the instruction that both should end up looking like they were 100% OEM

once everything was painted things looked a bit more like it....

and inside the boot you'd never know

the finish is spot on visually if you know you'd know the works been done if you didn't you'd be none the wiser.. that that's about it until the roof and the roof spoiler gets painted the same colour as the wheels, with a matt lacquer effect ala Frozen Grey and the wheels recieve the same treatment

See less See more
#5 ·
Forgot to mention this

but I had a bit of arch rolling done by archenemy. The problem I had was partly my fault, I chose the wrong profile tyre

which lead to this

but once done the problem went away... well almost

If you want you arches rolled Phil does a superb job... and if you want 255-35-ZR19 ContiSport Contact 3 tyres with about 400 miles on them let me know

but thanks for the comments but the modding kinda continues

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.