330ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    M/T
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    very nice clubsport indeed

how you finding the car mate, i've been driving mine for a few days now, the throttle responce is poor when i pull out from the garage, literally nothing with a slight touch and have to give it some to get it moving lol, pull up to flll up and do the throttle reset trick and it seems a little better but still not very sharp, especially in 1st gear...but once it goes it's alright

i'm thinking of a remap to improve throttle responce, i found it to have enough power when it does go but needs that bit more than just puddling around, needs no kpro to remap (lol) and needs no mods to get it mapped first, say adding a induction kit after the remap the ecu will learn it itself so nothing to worry about (that's from motech!)

Also i found 1st gear can be hard to select at times, going to buy a weighted gear knob and put the short shifter on and see what's what, and the sunroof shade on mine won't close (?), needa looking into tomorrow, haven't got time to fiddle with stuff like this yet

generally i'm happy with mine, will try to get my mate to do a full valet and paint correction on mine when the weather gets better, looking at my m3 alloys they looks okay to me at the mo, but need some better tyres, handling i found it to be good, a better road car compare to the CTR but I bet it wont be as fun in the back road

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    keithlou's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    M/T
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    oh ,just done some research and found the 1st gear 'lag' could as well be the CDV (clutch delay valve), and people said you can take it out and throttle respond improve massively, or a remap will just have the same effect, well, I am thinking to do both maybe the CDV remove first

you feeling the same issue or you feel fine with the 1st gear pull

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    Tenz0's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330ci clubsport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    coupe

Thanks
    Yea I noticed there was a sort of delay/anti stall on setting off in 1st. Makes for a smoother set off, not so good for when my car gets used as a getaway vehicle :p

1st gear is easy to select on mine, reverse takes a firm push to get it to go over (safety device?)

A remap is definitely on the cards, it doesn't seem as urgent as the ctr but the speedo seems to go up well

A short shifter is on the list as well. Way too much throw.

I've got. Pirelli pzero rosso on the front and vredestein ultrac sessanta on the rear. Not sure what to make of them yet, bit hard to tell in the wet and snow but they do seem good.

May have to get some m3 wheels myself when I get some spare cash.

Any pics of yours yet?

Got a link to the cdv removal?

5. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    keithlou's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    M/T
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    the delay/ anti stall feel in 1st, i sort of overcome this by giving it a lot of gas when dropping the clutch but it doesn't seem too right to me, it's probably is the CDV acting in..

here is a guide i found: DIY: E46 Clutch Delay Valve (CDV) Removal - Bimmerforums - The Ultimate BMW Forum

yeah, reverse takes a firm push to select, i never really like the reverse in bmw's i kept putting it into the '6th' position now after driving the ep3 lol

remap is a must for me now i think, just want to speed things up a little when i step on the throttle, again, once it goes it goes but the delay is quite annoying

also the car is pretty much very very quiet inside no matter what speed im doing haha (apart from tyre noises above 100), not sure if i like it as i can't hear the engine/ exhaust too much but it is very civilise inside

apart from these things i generally like driving it

no pics yet pointless to take pics at this weather, and car needs paint correct to be mint

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    Tenz0's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330ci clubsport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    coupe

Thanks
    Wonder if turning the traction control off makes it any better? Tbh it doesn't really bother me at the min, its nice to get a steady set off. Usually have the newborn in the car unless I'm going to work.

I'll check the guide out later, cheers bud.

Ha, yea I keep putting it towards ep3 6th then waiting a few seconds until it registers. :p

Sound is spot on with mine, need a decent air intake to improve the breathing though.

How much does your mate charge for detailing? mine could do with waxing/sealing bit haven't got time atm.

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    keithlou's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    M/T
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    My traction controls kicks in yesterday when i floored it in 1st and 2nd , should try setting off with it off sometime but i doubt it will help...
    the slow setting off really annoys me, good that you find it nice and steady, probably too used to the urgency of the ep3

I've heard that BMW make the clubsport sounds sportier than the rest by feeding some sound from the engine back to the cabin, hence why you find it spot on, mine is really really quiet
    agree with a decent intake, just not sure which one.

Hmmm he said it will be around 50 to 150 depends on how bad the paint is, i think mine will hit the 150 mark tbh as i want it spot on, along with a full valet inside out
    i will mention you to him when i meet him, hes on ctro too. we don't actually know each other that well we just met at car meets but hes really nice and do detailing car as a hobby

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    Tenz0's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330ci clubsport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    coupe

Thanks
    Ai, the civic wasn't the smoothest of drives. Great for spirited driving though.

20kg of sound deadening from the engine bay removed iirc.

Yea mention please pal. Ta

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    beemerbert's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318D Sport (F30)
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    I used to have a 52 Plate 330Ci in Imola Red with black leather about 6 years ago, It looked mint and the nicest looking car I've had but panicked after having it a year when the petrol prices started rising and sold it. All the BMW's I have all seem to accelerate so smoothly and my current 318D is no different, but changing it for a 62 Plate 318D Sport F30 on Friday.

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    Tenz0's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330ci clubsport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    coupe

Thanks
    I was tempted by red at one point, but decided I wanted grey. Then ended up getting blue

If running costs get too much on this then ill end up getting the 330cd, tried my mates and loved it. Such a lazy easy drive

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    keithlou's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    M/T
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    All I know is this car drinks petrol like there's no tomorrow or it could be my right foot lol

Been driving this for almost a week now just about to get the hang of it, still can't get a fast setting off in 1st..and again need to rev it a bit higher then usual then chnsge to 2nd, or i would get a jerky second...

Looked up more threads now and contacted Simon@emaps for a remap he said it could be the vanos seals, will look into replacing this first then do anything else.

Overall I'm happy with it, cause when if does get a move on it goes like stink, sound of the 6 clyinder is beautiful I turned off the music on motorway the other day ha

How did then 330cd drive compare to the petrol? Never a fan of diesel but it does give you crazy miles per tank lol

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast