BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

New owner.

2K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  RYM 
#1 ·
Hi, well Ive just bought my first BMW, a 1994 316i. And I'm beyond delighted with it.
But at the moment it's in need of some desperate tlc.
For a 14 year old car its in great condition but as would be expected of a 14yo car thats done 200,000 miles there are some things that need seeing to.
My main concern is the fuel gague that stays on empty even with a full tank.
Also a low speeds there is a funny noise when cornering that sounds like the exhaust but the exaust look secure.
Also needs some minor body work on a few bits of rust.
The drivers door panel is loose at the bottom (which i believe bmw were notorious for using shoddy materials) and the remote central locking Key fob has broke and doesnt attach to a ring (could bmw replace this with a 2 in 1 fob and key?

All in all a great car, would just love some advice on where to get things to do it up.

See less See more
#7 ·
Not sure.
Discovered more work to be done aswel.
The drivers seat is frayed where people brush it getting in. And the gear knob is very loose and worn. Also teh gaitor has holes in lol.

When im done that car will look the dogs (even more than it does now lol)
Also everyone on the road will publically hate me lol I do think the reputation of BMW drivers being big headed is ill desereved.

Where can I get these wheels from?
http://www.essential-b-mparts.co.uk/ad1.jpg

#8 ·
Your BMW looks quite straight considering many are just now neglected ..... the work that needs doing doesn't sound like much at all and nothing serious either. Sounds like you are keeping the car so I would say for the seat try vehicle smart repairs or just replace its if you think its worth that much to you.

With a BMW you are less likely to be let out onto a main road as people are reluctant to let you out but its a small price to pay to drive a well balanaced and engineered car.

#10 ·
DSK... who dares wins!!!

Cars were made with brakes to let the likes of me pull out sideways in front of them:lol :lol :lol

They flash and beep there horn as a sign of gratitude:D :thumbsup

Sometimes they even wave at me:thumbsup :lol

#14 ·
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Yes but around here if you do that too often, more often than not a f*cking white Volvo T5 with blue lights always appears out of nowhere :jaw-dropping

I have got away with a 35 minute lecture in the back of one filled with guns for going sideways ..... had to hold my head in shame and couldn't argue against it (its was a decent slide and the copper knew it lol, I visited the roundabout for 3 weeks admiring the skid marks after lol). He could have thrown the book at me .. don't know how i got away with it, but i wasn't cocky and just said look I know I made a mistake and if you a re going to do me then its a fair cop, but I promise I will never do that again :duh

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.