Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Images
    Thanks
    Hi everyone
    Had my first BMW a few month now, gone for a 2003 (53) 3 Series 318ci, The nasty 2.0lite 4 pot N42 engine, but all I could afford for now on the insurance (The bastards!!) but It'l do for now, can't believe I didn't get a BMW sooner, just shame about the power...or lack of ha ha but it does it job
    Starting/started with the audio already, I might make a post/thread about it and what I'm doing when i get a few pictures if anyone ends up being interested...
    Anyway I'll add a few pictures of my car on the attachments
    Cheers
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    Trower's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    320ci se
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    Love the interior I actually wish I had a full black interior I like mine being half cream but that black makes me want to cream lol shame about the 4 pot engine but it's a smart car get to work and get some more pics up oh an welcome to ze forum

BMW 320CI, black badges, black grill and remapped

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    DannyE46's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318ci Sport (Facelift)
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Images
    Thanks
    I wanted a black or grey coupe when i was fist looking but settled for this silver since it looked good...for silver lol
    I dont think light coloured interior looks half bad in a black car, always liked the white/cream interior in the blue and black colours of 3 series, especially m3's....
    I see yours is a 320ci, thats what i was originally aiming for, could have pushed for one but i needed a car and there were no decent examples of a 320ci anywhere, unless i go back to old school next (love the old school too much ha) i think i might try aim for a 330ci next but not sure yet
    My last car was a Corrado Vr6, it was beast and sounded like a monster but soon as i got my bmw i dont see myself ever going back to a vw or front wheel drive haha

5. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    Trower's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    320ci se
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    That's exactly what I said when I got mine I will never go back to a front wheel drive car and I'm pretty much always going to stick with bmw, there's a couple of cars I want to get in a couple of years that arn't bmw but after having fun for a bit in them I'm going back to bmw but after this 320 I'm going to get a higher litre 3 series hopefully some point this year I'm also probably going to stick with e46's I think bmw had it spot on when they made that shape, also how long are you planning on keeping your car then I can imagine jumping from a 318 to a 330 is going to be such a ridiculous change you won't have to plant your foot to the floor when wanting to over take lol

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    vauxfan's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325 sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    automatic
    Car Body Type:
    loon
    Thanks
    there is a plus point with your car only having 4 potts. the mini's supercharger can be made to fit and a bit of a web search for info on whats needed can be had all in for about 1k. when the funds allow. 50bhp gain.

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    Trower's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    320ci se
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by vauxfan View Post
    there is a plus point with your car only having 4 potts. the mini's supercharger can be made to fit and a bit of a web search for info on whats needed can be had all in for about 1k. when the funds allow. 50bhp gain.
    To be fair that actually sounds pretty good, if your keeping the car for a while that might be worth doing and obviously if your looking for more power

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    vauxfan's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325 sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    automatic
    Car Body Type:
    loon
    Thanks
    The main reason I say this, a lot of people who haven't got the funds right now do things to their cars to make them personal. Then they want that bit more with out swapping for some thing else knowing all the time and effort they have put in to their cars. unlike the 6 pott, it is cheaper for a 4 pott to turbo or buy second hand super chargers. you just need to read up on them and get enough info that you feel comfortable that you can do it correctly and reliable. there is the suspension and brake upgrades to match the engine power. but that's the easy part.

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    DannyE46's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318ci Sport (Facelift)
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Images
    Thanks
    I'd love the supercharge it, sounds fun, but i just love the sound of the 6 cylinder engine, BMW's don't have the best 6pot noise, but still sounds really good (anyone heard a Corrado 2.9 vr6 will know they sound the dogs, In my opinion obviously)
    If i had a bmw 318 as a second car for track use like e36 or e46 id look into supercharging or turbo'in it, just for the fun of the project but as an everyday car, its a task and half when it comes to changing it from N'A, If i had a low mile example id do it, but with 106k on the clock, things that drastically change the power can be a task to keep it reliable in some cases (excuses excuses i know haha).... And insurance is clamping down like crazy, especially in my area, they're good with the Vosa/police check stops near me :@
    ......Vauxfan.....I'm now looking into superchargers hahah ;-)