BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Tags
283 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  OllyA 
#1 ·
Hi all- I'm Olly and am on my second E39. After taking so much info from the site in the past I've finally got round to joining. My first BMW in '08 was a 525d, and after 3 years with an E46 320i, I've re-seen the light and just purchased a 2003 520 SE. What with having 2 kids and a golf addiction, the extra room is fantastic! I've just finished replacing the entire cooling system including viscous coupling. Anyway, hopefully I can be of help.

#2 ·
Hey Olly. I've always loved the E39, such a beaut! always wanted the e39 530i in manual form, but such a hard car to come by. Despite it being made over a decade ago, it still looks better than most cars in its class in the present day, a true classic in every sense.

Do you have you got the auto? I recently just got a e90 330i m sport auto and wondering what peoples opinion are on the auto compared to the manual?

#3 ·
Hi plasma- yes this E39 as was the last is an auto, whereas the E46 was a manual. I always swore I'd never buy an auto but due to working in construction and doing a high annual mileage, plus having a bike for shits and giggles- I conceeded. Tbh the tiptronic function in the auto is of no use other than in snow. In short for out and out driving pleasure the manual can't be beaten, but for everyday driving the auto box is a delight IMO.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.