318CI
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    Hi all

My name is Gaz and Im a new member. Ive loved BMW's since I was a kid and always said my first car would be a BMW. I only got my licence this year at 32 years of age which will no doubt surprise a lot of you. Since turning 21 I've travelled a lot and spent 4 years in college as a mature student so its only really now I can afford a car.

I bought myself a 2004 318 Coupe in gun metal grey with standard 17" 7 spoke style 44 alloys. Car had 84k on the clock, full BMW service history and a new MOT. I got it at a great price so overall Im chuffed to bits.

Now its time to tweak the car so it looks how I want. I'll be posting plenty of new threads looking for advice on the changes I want. Just a quick breakdown of what Id like to do, nothing too drastic.

- Remove current standard seats and replace with Leather. Not sure what colour yet, either black or grey.
    - Brake callipers are quite rusted which you would expect on a 8 tear old car. Wanna get them cleaned up and sprayed. Interested to know if anyone has done this and how much it cost. Havent decided on a colour yet.
    - Want to replace the standard alloys with either MV1 or MV2 18" alloys. I will seek some advice on where is best to get a 2nd hand set and where to possible get a good price for mine. I know of eBay of course and gumtree but perhaps someone on here has a better idea.
    - There are a reasonable amount of stone chips on the bonnet and side wings. Id like to get them seen to.

Anyway I'll post all these questions in a separate threads. Just wanted to introduce myself and let you all know what my plans are.

Cheers
    Gaz

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

rm1
    Dr of BMW
    Car Details
    rm1's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    coupe

Thanks
    get a second hand pair of callipers and get them refurbed big red are good. As for the wheels it will drive better on 17's