BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

New member from the states.

Tags
states
921 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  00Smurf 
#1 ·
I'm generally only active on the local US forums. Once I started going beyond the basic modifications on my current project, it became readily apparent that alot of US BMW owners, do not like to go beyond the factory look or try out radically different things.

I'm also at a crossroads as to which way i want to go with my engine, Right now its a rebuilt s52 "US Spec" With a few choice mods. I'm really leaning towards an evo 3.2 swap with 6spd. Best place to come for info on this engine IMO was BF.uk

With all that being said, Just wanted to say hi, and introduce myself and hopefully I won't be too bothersome with my questions.

If your interested my Current Project is a complete S52 Swapped 98 318ti.

Build thread is here:

http://ohiobimmers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4169

Photo Log:

http://s538.photobucket.com/albums/ff348/viperns/My Garage/97 Ti Swap/

Pass is : tiswap

As of last night this was where my project is:

Cheers,
Nicholas

P.S. If anyone has any good leads on a 6spd tranny and euro engine I would be of great thanks.

See less See more
#7 ·
The other ride in our family atm is my wife's new DD. She was tired of driving the 6spd Manual M5. :( She unfortunately doesn't share my passion on cars. Thankfully I managed to talk her into something we could both tolerate.

Away went the m5, and along came the dinan 3. Safe to say the wifes much more happy, as its an auto. I had mixed feelings about it at first until i drove it and aside form the lack of grunt that the m5 has, i actually prefer to drive it. Though it'd have to be a stick.

It does have dinan goodies.

CF Engine covers
Dinan Exhaust
Dinan CAI Ram air intake
Big bore throttle body
Peformance flash stage 3
Dinan enchanced transmission software

Titanium trim ! Love the look over the m5's wood trim.

Just ordered a mkiv display to replace the bmw buisness cd player that is in there.

Took off the staggered contrours that came with it and put my Style 42's on. Due to the way the stance is, It gives it a bit of a rally look. I'd prefer it a bit lower but it doesn;t look bad as it is.

Also came with an extra set of staggered 2 piece breyton racing rims 18 x 8.5 , 18 x 9.5 w goodyear f1 rubber.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.