hi guys, my name is tristan and im looking into buying a 325 e36, preferably a 4 door saloon ir not then a coupe, mainly for drifting but it will be a daily driver once finished.

i currently drift an mx5 in which im learning to drift, (couple of pics):

im aware i can use the search function or google as no doubt many member will tell me but if anyone can be of any help, like suggesting links or info id really appreciate it.

few questions if anyone could help:

are there any differences between the e36 325's as far as which is best to turbo?

also i was originally thinking of getting a 328 but as i understand that engine (m52??), is an ally engine, whereas the 325 (m50??) is a cast engine and from what ive read just using arp head bolts and an mls head gasket the stock internals can handle upto approx 450bhp, could anyone confirm this?

i would only be looking at 400bhp max myself from this car (if thats possible), so if anyone could link any build threads or a good source of info for looking into turboing a e36 325 id really appreciate it.

finally ill also be getting a good set of coilovers and more than likely rack spacers (a friend of mine has a cheap 328 with rack spacers and the extra lock is pretty impressive), if anyone can suggest a good source of reading for suspension setup too id find that helpful.

i cant wait to get a 325 and start working on it, manily for that extra smoke from the rear tyres!!! as you can imagine the mx5 doesnt smoke much, if at all going sideways haha