Year of Manufacture:
    1988, 1997 & 2008
    Transmission Type:
    Manual, Manual & Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe, Convertible & Touring
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,020 Times in 3,812 Posts
    Hello and welcome to the forum, good to have you with us. Nice Aero, had one or two of them in my time

Now go and get that BMW, or get banned!!! (only joking obviously)

My last two Saabs (the convertible my mum now owns)
    Attached Images

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kevin Whittaker For This Useful Post:

ferkle (08-03-2010)

3. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    ZXraziel's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330i sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon
    Thanks
    Welcome.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ZXraziel For This Useful Post:

ferkle (08-03-2010)

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    ferkle's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    9000 Aero
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Hatch

Thanks
    Cheers guys, if it pans out it shold be fun, just waiting on the current owner to extract a digit.

Amos, I am thinking 6 psi to start and possibly if I get really fancy code in a 7psi 'overboost' using either an ebc or some fancy setup in ecu, and then if I feel the need for 400+ bhp then yes, internals are go. but for the cheapness definitely less than 8 - to be fair if I was going above that I would put low comp pistons, h rods and a set of really fruity cams in at the same time and go twin turbo, but that would be showing off and a pair of td04 pushing 18psi a pop would start to test the limits of what my fists of ham and fingers of butter can control!! based on the extramely rough maths applied to other commercial kits I could easily look at north of 600 silly ponies with half that!

So yeah, once the gluteal filange extraction has commenced we will know more.

Oh and thanks again for a great first day on the boards. Great welcome guys.

edit: PS Kevin, good cars, I had an early OG 9-3 with an aero turbo, better intercooler and a decent downpipe, with a 'stage 3' ecu tune pushing 250ish powers shame about the boatiness in the corners! basically the reason I am on my third saab - the 9000 for the sake of a downpipe (£10 on ebay) a sport cat (£30 on ebay) a catback (£200 - but the old one fell off and this was cheaper) and the guts out of a Volvo T5 turbocharger (£15 for a rebuild kit and a couple of hours of my time - the shot Volvo unit was being literally binned so I liberated it) along with some electronic trickery I use T5Suite, which is an open source tuning suite for all 1994-1998 saab turbos, used the built in stage 3 then tweaked for a 3 bar map sensor, a 4 bar fpr, slightly more boost and removed the boost limiter from 1st and 2nd gear, also raised the overboost fuel cutoff by a couple of PSI sees between 295 and 310 bhp depending on the weather and the fuel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12