330D SE Touring LCI 245
    Year of Manufacture:
    2009 '59
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Estate

Thanks
    Joined the forum in December after starting my search for a 3 series touring.

2 weeks ago I sold my last car (Golf GTI Edition 30) and got good money for it due to it being a limited edition model and sought after, was a very well specced 08 plate DSG in Candy White with most factory optiins fitted, I decided after a recent house move/relocation to change car as needed something a little bigger (for my golf and snowboarding gear) and more economical (GTI was averaging 24mpg round town and 29mpg on a run using only Shell V Power), only took 8 days to sell, with 1st Viewer buying at almost my full asking price, so 2 weeks later managed to find my current car:-

BMW 330D SE Touring LCI

October 2009 59' plate FBMWSH 64K
    Space Grey
    Auto Lights
    Adaptive Xenons
    Puddle Lights (Lights in Door handles outside car)
    Auto Wipers
    Sports Seat Upgrade in Grey Dakota Leather
    Sports Steering Wheel Upgrade

Very happy with it so far, has averaged 39mpg on mainly B roads, It will get a good 900 mile run in a few weeks when I go visiting family in Manchester and Norfolk.

Also today ordered the parts for the "Happy Robot/Smiley Robot" mod in rear console as in April myself and my 3 best mates are driving to the Alps and thought it would be good for the 2 guys in back to have power for their phones etc.
    Parts cost £76.56 inc next day shipping.

Sorry no pictures yet as weather has been a tad wet down here
    Last edited by tamkyo; 13-02-2013 at 16:58.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    tamkyo's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330D SE Touring LCI 245
    Year of Manufacture:
    2009 '59
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Estate

Thanks
    Got a text today from bmminiparts saying my (happy Robot) parts are being delivered tomorrow (handy as I have the day off!) so will be fitting them tomorrow (weather permitting).

Also just booked the car in for 2 new rear tyres in 3 weeks time (5th March) as rears are currently on 3.1mm and 3.2mm and between now and then I will cover more than 1500 miles and wanted to have new tyres on for the 2000+ mile round trip to the Alps late March (Give the tyres a few weeks to bed in too), was very happy with price where I booked in locally, £195 each fitted/Balanced/New Valves for Michelin 255/40/17 Primacy ZP 94Y Run Flats, filled with Nitrogen too beats the prices form blackcircles and tyreshopper etc by at least £10-12 per tyre (Which surprised me)

tyrefinders.co.uk in Penryn & Redruth for my tyres (found via google)
    bmminiparts.com for Happy Robot parts (Found them via a recommendation from a friend)

Thats where I got my bits if anyone needs similar.

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    tamkyo's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330D SE Touring LCI 245
    Year of Manufacture:
    2009 '59
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Estate

Thanks
    Happy Robot rear outlets/ashtray fitted today, took about 20 minutes all in.

Also filled up today prior to a 950 mile round trip on thursday through to sunday, tripped comp and worked out mileage based on fuel used and miles covered via trip.............44.2mpg thought that was pretty decent to say most of my driving is A/B roads (No dual carriageways/motorways yet), happy thus far.

Will see if I can feel it doing a regen on my journey.

5. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    tamkyo's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330D SE Touring LCI 245
    Year of Manufacture:
    2009 '59
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Estate

Thanks
    Well im not sure if it did a re-gen or not, it spent about 11-12 hours at or above 2000rpm in the last 5 days, can't say I noticed any power loss (Although I wont have noticed being on motorway sitting at a steady speed).

Filled up before I left on thursday and managed 559.7 miles until the fuel light came on (3 miles from my final destination), that averaged at 42.6mpg at motorway speeds, I filled up again and covered another 512 miles with range of 67 miles left so thats probably about the same mpg. That was probably around 70% motorway/dual carriageway and 30% A/B roads, pretty happy with it, and it really eats up the miles, apart from a stiff right knee on arrival I felt fresh.

New tyres booked for 5th for rear but might push that date back by 3 weeks as still plenty of meat on the rears yet.

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    tamkyo's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330D SE Touring LCI 245
    Year of Manufacture:
    2009 '59
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Estate

Thanks
    Logbook arrived yesterday so I could work out the unlock code to see hidden menu, anyhoo after 10 mins reading up on how to do it and adding up my code i went outside and input the code for my journey to the tyre fitters (See below), after 6/7 miles the car settled at between 91c and 95c (93/95c on dual carriageway) and dropped to 89-91c in town, looks like my thermostats are working just fine!.

New Rear tyres fitted today (Michelin Primacy HP ZP Run flats 255/40/17 94W), was happy with the price from a local (12 miles) tyre fitter (Tyrefinders in Redruth/Cornwall) at £195 each fitted/balanced/cleaned and filled up with Nitrogen (They did the fronts with Nitrogen too for free!, great bunch of guys and good prices), Tyre-Shopper wanted £206.50 fitted per tyre!.

Also was given 2 years "Roadside assistance" on tyres free of charge (Michelin/BF Goodrich promotion) and also Michelin are running a promo offering £50 of Free Fuel for buying 2 or more 17 inch or larger tyres, so was very happy with that, the fitters even printed me a duplicate receipt (which I need to send to michelin), just glad all my half days off dont cost me £390 LMAO.

One of the rear tyres was at 2mm (hence the change) but the other had 4.4mm left on it so stuck that on Ebay in the hope that someone needs a part worn tyre.

**EDIT** the tyre with 4.4mm sold on Ebay for £26 plus postage, was happy with that!
    Last edited by tamkyo; 12-03-2013 at 19:18.

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    tamkyo's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330D SE Touring LCI 245
    Year of Manufacture:
    2009 '59
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Estate

Thanks
    Managed to test fit the roof box today for the upcoming 2020+ mile round trip to the Austrian Alps and back, will hold 6 snowboards (But only 4 snowboards/ 4 Pairs of Snowboard boots and 1 set of Ski's and 1 Pair of Ski Boots and a sleeping bag are going in there) alllowing some space in the boot to bring some wine and beers back

Thule Atlantis 780 (480 Litre) 196cm x 78cm x 44cm

Have the new Thule Wing Bars on order to replace my old black square bars so should help quieten it down a little at continental motorway speeds.

Last edited by tamkyo; 25-03-2013 at 17:22.

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    tamkyo's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330D SE Touring LCI 245
    Year of Manufacture:
    2009 '59
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Estate

Thanks
    Wing bars arrived ;-)

£50 FREE fuel card from Michelin arrived and was duly used in full at weekend.

Also booked the car in for a check up at Howard BMW in Redruth for the 4th of April (day before my trip to Austria), just wanted the oil, coolant and other fluids checked prior to the 2000+ mile trip.
    OBC says everything OK but better safe than sorry!

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    tamkyo's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330D SE Touring LCI 245
    Year of Manufacture:
    2009 '59
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Estate

Thanks
    Wing bars fitted, look much better and has quietened things down considerably around 70-80mph speeds, will be handy when 4 up in the car fully loaded with gear and roofbox filled to capacity (75kg)

Roofbox is getting filled with:-

4 Snowboards
    4 Snowboard boots (prs)
    2 Sets of Skis/Poles
    1 Set of Ski Boots
    1 Sleeping bag

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    tamkyo's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330D SE Touring LCI 245
    Year of Manufacture:
    2009 '59
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Estate

Thanks
    Well the marathon 2160 mile round trip to Solden (Austria) has been completed without so much as a hiccup.

During the journey we averaged 36.2mpg which is not bag considering the size of the roofbox (4 snowboards, 4 prs boots, 2 prs of skis and 2 prs of ski boots), 4 lads and all the luggage required (Car was packed to the roof), we set cruise control to 110mph in Germany (Where permitted), it's a funny feeling doing 110mph and being passed like your standing still!!!!!

4hrs from cornwall to heathrow, 1.5hrs from heathrow down to Folkestone, 35 mins on Eurotunnel train, then exactly 12hrs from Calais to solden (4 stops on route).

Return journey was a little better 11.5hrs from solden to Calais (and that included a 1 hr detour to drop my little brother at Innsbruck airport), took a different route on way back (Still avoiding france as much as possible, in fact no tolls paid at all in either direction!!), would go to Solden again very similar to Ischgl, party town!