BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

New Kid with his first BMW

Tags
kid
2K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  TAM 11M 
#1 ·
Hi guys

My names Tamim but most call me Elid, just today sold my lovely civic off and only on friday did I go and view what is soon to be my new BMW e38 740i

Im young (to scared to say what age lol) and im already in love with the car, cant wait to get it up on my drive, hopefully this wednesday

Anyways looko forward to learning a lot and being a member of the community here

Thanks

Elid

#4 ·
everyone always ask about the name thing, im used to answering it, my first names Tamim but I go by my middle name mostly which is Elid

and oh my god can I not wait until I get the car, I love it already, got a lot of plans

Im looking to LPG covert it, is there anything in particular I should look for? I personally dont want the boot space to go so im actually wondering if it is possible to just do the little spare wheel one. Worth it? how much does it cost to do one? im hearing around the £2,000 mark.. worth it in the long run I guess

#6 ·
welcome mate car sounds nice :D

#8 ·
My brother has lpg and said something about the goverment stopping the concessions on lpg tax so the 50p wont be much longer. I would look in to it.
I do miss my 540i :( have fun and enjoy mate :)

Class--

#12 ·
thanks guys

hmm might need to look into the LPG pro's and cons soon then, wont be any time soon anyways

and tell me about it, i havent driven it yet as i wasnt insured but with my brother driving it felt great, im used to skyline gtr's etc as we have owned about 7 of them now, im normally a jap guy but i know a great car when i see one, and for the price, its a lot of car.

#14 ·
Welcome mate. As others have said, you need to do a lot of miles (yourself) to payback £1500-2000 for an LPG conversion? Will you have the car for long enough.

Good choice of car though, maybe consider an after-market warranty as there's a lot to go wrong and expensive to fix!!

#15 ·
pics will be up as soon as i get the car and clean it for myself :D

im 18, I wanted a car that my parents could enjoy the comfort of when i drive around, so i thought about the family aswell,

and hmm thanks mate, i need to think about that, i do want the car for a very long time, and i doubt i will be doing that kind of mileage, and after-market warranty, how much does that averagely cost a month/year?

thanks guys

#22 ·
thanks guys

picking her up in less than an hours time now, getting the road tax sorted first,

and im insured to drive any other car third party, and the e38 is going under my parents traders policy as thats what my dad does as a side job.

already have a shell card with aa few vouchers that i can put in towards to e38

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.