BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

New on here and to BMW

503 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Leiper 
#1 ·
Hi all, just secured my first BMW. 2002 E46 320i SE. Not picked it up yet but had the test drive and did the deal last night.

What is the top thing to check for when i do get my hands on it? I have a warranty so i will get them to sort the gremlins out.

Regards Leiper

#5 ·
Cheers. Picking up the car tomorrow morning and have about 25mile drive home so should be able to test most things. Really looing forward to it. Its been a bad week getting buses to work etc.

It will be getting a wash with proper shampoo and mit, clay and wax to set it off. Her indoors thinks im mad. :D

#6 ·
if you gt some boodle to spare you should supagaurd the car after claying..it seals the paintwork and offers some extra protection:thumbsup..and makes it easier too clean as tar etc doesnt stick too the bodywork as bad..thnk the actual sponge is around £130 tho:frown..but if you tthis done at a dealer they could charge utpo £500:mad

#7 ·
Well picked it up and been driving it about today. Well pleased. Only 2 things iritating me. 1, the bonnet release lever pokes out of the grill a little when the bonnet is shut and 2, the exhaust tips look like they have been dipped in tar, salt, mud and anything else on the roads these days and dried solid on them making them look like a childs lunar landscape art piece.

Might give it a clean tomorrow, depending on the hangover........;)

I'll get some pics up too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.