320i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    5 speed manual
    Car Body Type:
    Touring
    Thanks
    Hi!
    I'm Stefan, 6'7" and DO fit 'small' cars and DO NOT play basketball.
    I am from (and live in) the beautiful city of Groningen, Holland, I've been a cab driver for a couple of years now, but just passed all of the exams for my truck drivers license.
    I've had a lot of cars, the cars that were the most fun were a turbo Civic, a Nissan Skyline and an Audi stresS4... my last car was a 1987 e32 735i (manual!), but I just wanted to get something 'lightweight' again to regain handling at the cost of boring (understeer-happy) luxury.
    So, now I have a Cosmos Black '96 323i Executive, stick shift,145k miles on it... picked it up about a month ago.
    I'll be doing lots of reading, maybe send a PM here and there when I don't want to revive an age old thread, or maybe just open a new thread.

And yes, a 323i and not a 325i or 328i, as the sellers that had one I was interested in didn't return calls and emails, so I'll make due with this restricted engine for now then... maybe I'll source internals for a 2.8 or even 3.0 conversion, but that'll be later on.
    It has a replica M3 front bumper after I had an accident, was OE before and there is hardly any difference in quality... the M3 side mirrors are OE though... it has power rear vent windows, the only 'Executive' option it has; had a manual dip interior mirror when I got it, but supposed to have auto dip, which was removed and the wiring was cut for some reason; trying to find a piece of loom to solder back in.

It was cheap, and has some work; interior is not too tidy (AT ALL), two window switches were broken, rear pads are worn, right side swaybar mount is busted (replacement waiting to be welded on), and I suspect the front suspension arms are done too (replacements waiting till I can use the lift at work), the coolant level sensor is dead and the wheel arches are showing a bit of rust under the paint... and I'm sure that I'll probably find out about some more problems.
    Perfect for me then, as I like my hands covered in grease over the weekends (which, in my line of work, is usually tuesday and wednesday), I just love to buy beaters that still have some life in them and than restore them a bit to make it a great car again... I have tried to polish a turd before, but this isn't that, it's just rough.

I love fixing up fix'r'uppers with parts that fit my needs/preferences... so I got some mods here and some more planned.
    As a turbo nutter, you can expect a turbo here, or maybe I'll find an affordable supercharger, which would be a first for me.

Pics of what it looks like after installing JOM coilovers, raised it by about 1.5" a week after;

I know these coilovers won't offer me the durability nor control I want, but it's better than old stock shocks and some lowering springs imo... I'll get better coilovers later.

When I picked the car up, it looked like this;

Those black wheels are 17x8.5 and 17x9.75 3pc OZ Breyton, offset I don't know... they're from a friend of mine who had them made specifically to be able to get LOW.
    The style 44's are going back on when I install my narrower tires for the front, 225/45's rub and 205/40's are going to be installed.
    Later on I'll be sourcing style 24's, I just love them.

With the coilovers, I also ordered some other upgrades; Goodridge braided brake hoses, Hawk HPS front brake pads (will be sourcing rear HPS pads too and -maybe- new Brembo discs f+r).
    Also got an aftermarket steering wheel, I need the wheel to come a bit more towards me because of my length (6'7"), but I didn't get the right hub, doesn't fit the column.
    There is a 3.2 M3 mid- and rear section waiting to be installed, but I don't have headers yet, so it'll have to wait till I source a nice set for the right price, in the meanwhile I'll fab some reducers to fit them to the stock shorties first...
    And because the badges f+r were de-laminating, I installed a set of 'carbon' badges, keeps it nice and dark.
    Will be sourcing a short ram air intake too, and make my own heatshield (or get an airbox) and will try to route a scoop + stack to the mesh center grille.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Maestro
    Car Details
    mjojom's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    e61
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    A
    Car Body Type:
    T

Thanks
    welcome mate, lovely car.

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    316demon's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    316i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon
    Thanks
    Welcome along looking good

5. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    Car Details
    payno's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    M3 Evo S Type R
    Year of Manufacture:
    1998 2003
    Transmission Type:
    Manual Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe Saloon
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,055 Times in 1,893 Posts
    welcome to the forum
    nice car

BMW Maestro
    Car Details
    m44lee's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    supercharged 318is
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    coupe

Thanks
    welcome to the forum mate!
    and i look forward to seeing your progress

SUPERCHARGED 318IS

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    stefan2m's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    320i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    5 speed manual
    Car Body Type:
    Touring
    Thanks
    Thanks guys!
    I had to put the style 44's back on though, they were damaged in a fender bender... luckily I only have to replace just 1 outer lip, and then have three barrels and another outer lip machined back in to shape by a wheel doctor.