BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

New forum user and just got my 3rd 330ci

Tags
3rd user
1K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  LooneyLeon 
#1 ·
Hi guys,
I am new to the forum and looking for some advice on a 330ci that I just bought:

Its a 2004 330ci black with tan leather interior and comes with HK sounds, sunroof, heated seats, rear blind, BT etc. The person who I bought it from paid £30k for it and never bothered to service the engine since 18000 miles and now it has 77000 miles :eek on the clock .....

Would appreciate any guidance on what to look out for and what level of service it needs now.... even though it hasnt been serviced the car is pristine!

Thanks,
Ali

#2 ·
it needs everytyhing changing as far as fluids and filters go. I would be worried about this mainly the lack of a coolant change but you might be lucky. I would also change the oil then look to change it again within a couple of thousand in order to try and clean the engine out a bit.

#3 ·
Im suprised the car even ran from 18000 to 77000 with nothing being serviced. All the engine lights must be on! Not to mention you would have serious HP losses. Find it strange why anyone will pay £30 000 for a car and not have the brains to service it!
Definately change all the fluids, oil, spark plugs, filter.

#5 ·
Fair enough, I can understand some cars can run up to that kind of mileage with no servicing at all, however a Polo is a much more of a simple car compared to the more complex 330ci. Just don't make sense why anybody would spend large sums of money on a car and not service it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.