BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

New experience!

2K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  530kam 
#1 ·
Hi everyone!

My name's Charlie, just been given by my Uncle his well loved 1994/5 316i compact

not gonna set the world alight, but its on the free-note so can't complain
she's 130,000 miles young and has a full BMW main dealer service history from new to back that up!

needs a couple of things putting right, mainly the leccy windows have packed up, but here she is, apologies for the photo quality

just gonna tidy it up, maybe drop it 40mm and have it as a smart everyday car, will be nice having a car that birds don't turn their nose up to, the 'other ride' is a bit uncouth shall we say!

See less See more
#7 ·
cheers guys, yeah, I couldn't believe it when he said he wanted to give it to me! he's owned it for 14 years! He's just bought himself a Citroen C6 and a C4 for the missus, but he wanted the BM to stay in the family.
Was a perfect solution for me as my Fiesta track car has no interior and no heater and i wasn't looking forward to another winter in it!

gonna give it a much needed wash and polish at the weekend and then see what the issue is with the windows. theres a report from a garage in amongst the paperwork saying it needs new regulators and motors, but seeing as they couldn't spell 'regulator' or 'investigate' properly, i'm not going to take their advice on face value!

#12 ·
it's my Fiesta track car!

saved from the crusher, wedged a 1.7 variable cam timing puma engine in it and stripped out every unnecessary bit of weight.

excellent fun on track and it only owes me £700 or so in parts, so if i bin it, I reshell it!

little vid from TRAX at silverstone this year:

#17 ·
that looks well sweet - Our son hopes to drive mine when he reaches 17 (2 years away) - i said no chance!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.