BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

New E46 owner and we love it! Inspection 1 or 2 query

521 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  bwchiptune 
#1 ·
Just bought an E46 2.0 D Touring. It's a 2003 in silver and looks like new.Never had a BM before and think I could be converted forever. I'll see how the ownership costs pan out over the next couple of years! Had it a month and we've already been to south west France. 356miles eachway and we didn't even stop for the loo - it just wants to keep going. Lovely and quiet and averaged 52mpg at 80mph all the way (most of the time).
Thanks to this forum I've done the swirl-valve mod and replaced the oil breather with the new type centrifugal type so have got peace of mind.
One question for now though - the next 'Inspection' is 9000+ miles away. How do I know if it's an Inspection 1 or 2? It's done 69000 miles and last oil service and pollen filter was done 3000 miles ago in April. Shall I just get BOTH inspections done for peace of mind?
Also, how are these Inspection/oil service captions cleared after carrying out the jobs?

Great site and thanks for any help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.