330D
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    6 speed manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    Hi everyone,

As the title and location of this thread might lead you to surmise, I'm new to the forum and I've just bought an E46 330D! Always been a Ford man at heart but i decided it was time to jump into something a bit more upmarket, im doing a fair few miles with work. Obviously when i was looking around for what to buy economy was a factor with all the miles im doing, but so was the fact i wanted something with a bit of poke! I've always liked the look of these, i think they are really well proportioned (the 5 door more so than the coupe in my honest opinion) so i decided what age, spec, colour etc i wanted and this one poppped up on Autotrader and was promptly snapped up

Few details

'03 plate
    204 BHP model
    6 speed manual
    Full history
    HPI report all clear
    Leather and all the usual toys
    111k, which seemed to be less than most out there of this age

As with most second handers a couple of minors niggles need sorting. Firstly it seems to struggle to start when hot. I've had a read around including on this forum and the crankshaft sensor seems to be a good place to start. I've got it booked in at a garage on Monday to have a code reader attached so we'll see what that highlights. The only other niggle is there front passenger fog is missing but theres a brand new one in the boot.

Generally im pretty happy, and was especially happy driving down the long empty roads on the way home last night!! I think im going to enjoy 330d ownership!

Anyway, a pic. Hope you like;

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Diamond BFuk Member
    Car Details
    petrolmarty's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    530d M Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    2006 December
    Transmission Type:
    automatic
    Car Body Type:
    saloon
    Thanks
    Looks clean, welcome to the forum. You might want to get your own diagnostics, so you can do your own diagnostics almost essential on an older BMW. It will pay for itself the first time you use it. Try BMWTechnics, its about £30 for the lead and all the software you'll ever need. It took me 20 mins to download and 30mins to set up.

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    MattBM's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330D
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    6 speed manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    Whoa, you can download the diagnostic software yourself??? I never thought of that, that's outstanding. I'll definitely look into that. Cheers