328i MSport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    Afternoon all.

Name's Chris, and yesterday I picked up my first BMW, a 1996 E36 328i Sport coupe. Prior to this i've always owned Peugeots, starting with a 1.1 106, a 205 1.6GTi, a 306 GTi6 and most recently a stanced 306 Estate with a DT lump, a van turbo and a modified pump pulling about 170bhp and clouds of smoke. Which was fun. I'm only the third registered keeper of this too, it's been tracked before but it drives straight and no signs of accident damage, it does however have a black bonnet so that's been replaced at some point.

Felt it was time to grow up though and an E36 coupe became available not far from me for a pittance. Did all the usual checks, sills, mileage, oil, suspension etc and it's had a bit of work recently with a paddle clutch, new metal water pump and belt, new bottom arm and wheel bearing etc. It's a high miler on 190k but it drives better than my 90k 306 GTi6 did, i'm really impressed and with oodles of power. It's also had the golf tee mod done to the standard exhaust, the raspy lower rpm's are starting to grow on me but I need to get used to a lack of turbo torque. Unless I turbo this. We'll see..

It came with a few extras too, fitted with M3 Evo 17's (replicas i believe) at the moment, coilovers, rear strut brace, Sparco bucket seat, the original BBS RC(?) spare wheel and a set of really good condition Style 78's with two shot rear tyres. Incidentally does anyone know what they're worth? Looking at punting the M3 reps and the 78's in favour of something more my style.

Plans for it are to be a sort of daily driver/occasional track day car, skids aren't out of the question but I want to keep it driveable on the road so no diff welding happening here. Bodywork's also a little tatty but the chassis is solid and i've no issues with painting a car, done it plenty of times before. Going to ditch the HID's too as i'm not a fan, and lose the windscreen sticker when I get chance. There's a nurburgring badge in the pics too as the previous owner went earlier this year but i've never been so that's been ditched too.

I've also got a couple of niggling faults to investigate, no EML which is good and pulls hard to the rev limiter. Fuel gauge is faulty when it gets below half a tank but instead of dropping to empty like many, it decides there's another half a tank of fuel and jumps up to over 3/4, then comes back down and hovers around half a tank. I also need a new screen for the OBC as some pixels are away, and a passenger window switch that only winds the window up fully if you push it quite hard, if you press it normally the window goes up 3/4 of the way then backs all the way down as if something was obstructing it. Tech help threads will be en route once i've settled in.

Anyway, some quick snaps of it unwashed and finally home. I'm falling in love with it already though *rainbowvomit*

Anyway, enough waffle

TL;DR

Hi

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    midnightclub's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E46 330ci
    Year of Manufacture: