BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

New E30 member

4K views 42 replies 15 participants last post by  Shushrut 88 
#1 ·
Hi there. Names Jamie but most people know me as Jay. I own a E30 cab and live in London. Owned it for close to 6 months and love it.

The car has blue mohair hood, custom blue and cream leather interior, alpina reps, and straight through exhaust. Its the M20B20 lump in it at the moment, but the plan is to change it to the B25 in a couple months.

Will get some pics of the car up in a bit.

So yeah.... Hi lol

#3 ·
Hi Jamie

Sounds like an fab car mate, definately want to see pictures !! :thumbsup

and welcome to the forum !!

#5 ·
Ok heres a couple pics from an E30 forum.

This was how it was when we got it. Rubbed it all down, straigthened it all out and resprayed it. The colour is Mauritiusblau.

This are all the pics from when I got the car and how its come along. Actually went out for a random drive around London in it last night, so will go through all the pics I took and get some of them up at some point :)

#13 ·
Its the only way I could make it fit in the picture lol. Could have done with taking a tripod, as the shutter seed to get a decent pic at night with this camera is so slow! So the slightest hand movement blurred the shot. Lesson for next time I suppose.

#14 ·
Nice pictures Jamie !! :thumbsup

and the car looks fantastic, did you spray it yourself ?

#17 ·
mate that car looks amazing!!!! iv just bought an e30 myself. that does look niiiiiceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :D u based in london?

#20 ·
Cheers mate. Your dad own a garage or something? Been looking to do a respray for a while. Im base in north west london so not far.

#21 ·
To be honest I wasnt cringing lol. They bought three cars with the combined value of my cab lol. So they would never really compare to mine, they were just three slightly tired cabs that made good tv lol. As for them stepping out in the damp, I can say thats very true lol. Had to change the fan belts on mine on Sunday, so took it for a test drive after in a local industrial estate and had mine stepping out on every roundabout and corner lol.

Cheers mate. Your dad own a garage or something? Been looking to do a respray for a while. Im base in north west london so not far.
Nah he buys and sells salvaged cars. So he then repairs and sells them on. Not actually a painter by trade.

#23 ·
Nah he buys and sells salvaged cars. So he then repairs and sells them on. Not actually a painter by trade.[/QUOTE]

Ah thats cooool. Would he paint cars for cash? Or not worth his time? Really need a local paintjob. A guy got his respray for £450 lol. In scotland. Ha.

#24 ·
Doubt he would be willing to do a respray. Its normally parts that he sprays like bonnet bumper etc then fits them. With my E30 it was a bit of a pain to paint. But he may have a couple friends closer to you that he could put you on to. Although I doubt they would be as cheap as £450 lol.

#28 ·
Plumb is that how u got that yellow on your E36 M3 :rofl :rofl :rofl

#38 ·
Jamie on this forum your not just overly welcomed but as you see we are a friendly bunch !!

you should feel privlaged that your intro has gone on for so long mate, mine had 2 posts on it :shifty:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.