E92 320D
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    Morning!

Well I have woken up this morning a fresh convert to the BMW stable. After many years of saying I would never have one I am now the owner of a brand spanker E92 with all the trimmings and hopefully this shall be the start of a beautiful new friendship

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    LionPlums's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    320i Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    Good on 'yer, nice motor

I bought my first BMW maybe 15 years ago. I'd always liked them and finally got an E30 318is, despite really wanting a six pot that I couldn't afford! Little did I know I had unwittingly started a love affair with them. I've been lucky enough since to have had some decent cars, even a new Porsche Boxster 8 years ago. That was a fantastic car and I'd love a 911, and still love Porsche, but as a package the the E46 M3 that replaced it had it licked.

I've since had an E90 320d as my company car for 5 years, did 120k in it drove it like it was stolen and the only things it ever asked for were tyres, brake pads/discs and a regular service. I then got the F30 320d as my next company car last November and couldn't believe how good it was, just amazing performance, comfort and economy. Sadly lost my job, and therfore the car went at the end of April. But every cloud has silver lining, and I'm now driving £2.5k worth of E46 320i Sport. How times change. Except for how good the car is, seriously it really doesn't feel a come down at all and is still quick enough and tight as anything in great condition. I'd even say there are some aspects which are better than the new one I had. Once you've had a BMW, nothing else comes close. I was considering therapy when at recent interview I was told I'd have an Insignia. Even the thought of losing rear wheel drive bothers me. Whether you've £2k or £30k to spend you can't go wrong with a Beemer IMO.

Hopefully yours will prove just as rewarding as the ones I've had over the years.

Hope you enjoy it and good luck!