Model of Car:
    330ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    M sport coupe

Thanks
    Hi guys hope you are all well! And I sincerely hope you all had a great new year party last night! May you have a blessed year!

I am new to all this so I am hoping for only the best advice,

In the near future I'm looking to purchase a BMW 330ci Msport (has to be facelift coupe as they're simply the best looking BMW ever made!!)

I may be pushing it but I'd like to spend no more than £4000, it also has to have less than 90k miles and an Auto transmission. i dont know but does it sound too good to be true? ive seen a few on sale at pistonheads and autotrader? is there a catch as its a great car for an even better price?

the kind of advice id like would be along the lines of:

1. is it even possible to find what i have mentioned above?

2. If so then what should i look out for? any common problems etc?

3. if all goes well id love to install an exhaust system to increase the volume of one of the best sounding straight 6's made!

4. would anybody recommend the DSG models? I am unsure as i have heard that it can be unreliable?

I have always longed for this car for as far back as i can remember, so i want one thats a keeper!

again i thank you for the oncoming advice if there is any!

have a great year everyone!

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    Trower's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    320ci se
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    Welcome to the forum, I am pretty new to bmw's as well so it's not going to be great advice but a little is better than none

I found that bmw's are actually cheaper than people think so I think you will be able to get one for that money there's always someone out there that has probably got an upgrade and isn't bothered about there old bmw so they let it go for cheap but at the same time it could have a few issues for that money but that's where the aa come in I think they charge 50 quid or something to come and view the car with you and check it over for you might be worth putting a bit more money into it if you can

Common issues I'm not 100% on but every car has COMMON issues don't let them put you of buying a bmw I'd say they are pretty bomb proof but it would be handy to know a few issues other people have had with them so you can check for them when you go look at the car google search common issues or I'm shore someone will reply with some soon

The exhaust would sound nice your right there but I think they come with a hefty price tag so your probably better of putting that money towards the car then get the exhaust another time

Also how come you want an auto, unless you only have a license to drive an auto get a manual also as for the dsg I'm not shore but someone will probably let you know what they think about it

BMW 320CI, black badges, black grill and remapped

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    goldbcfc's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    Z4
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    roadster
    Thanks
    The facelift are slightly lighter aswell (convertibles deffo are) with added features like the front and rear lights but that bonnet and grille is worse than the original model,convertibles with the roof down look better in pre facelift model looks abit tame facelifted

I think for 4k your pushing the borders of buying a facelift that is at the bottom of the pile hence the reason its so cheap its most likely gonna have lots of owners if you upped your budget to around £5500 you could see yourself getting a nice 1 previous owner facelift etc also automatic will use alot more fuel my mates 325 auto does less mpg than my 330 manual i like both pre facelift (more aggresive look) and facelift (more newer look) but ask yourself why probably one of the most best looking cars at that time the E46 M3 was not released in the facelift model

Answer: pre facelift was the better looking IMO
    Attached Images

E46 coupe 318ci
    E46 convertible 330ci
    E46 coupe 325ci
    E85 Z4R 3.0i
    E46 coupe 330ci
    E85 Z4R 2.2i
    E46 convertible 318ci
    E85 Z4R 2.5si

5. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    Beelahmed93's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    M sport coupe

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by goldbcfc View Post
    The facelift are slightly lighter aswell (convertibles deffo are) with added features like the front and rear lights but that bonnet and grille is worse than the original model,convertibles with the roof down look better in pre facelift model looks abit tame facelifted

I think for 4k your pushing the borders of buying a facelift that is at the bottom of the pile hence the reason its so cheap its most likely gonna have lots of owners if you upped your budget to around £5500 you could see yourself getting a nice 1 previous owner facelift etc also automatic will use alot more fuel my mates 325 auto does less mpg than my 330 manual i like both pre facelift (more aggresive look) and facelift (more newer look) but ask yourself why probably one of the most best looking cars at that time the E46 M3 was not released in the facelift model

Answer: pre facelift was the better looking IMO

I guess I will have to stick with the pre facelift as funds won't allow :(

I was wanting an auto as I prefer them to manual plus Id feel comfortable driving a big engined car as its a premium car, I'm not fussed on fuel as I would use public transport to work. May not be used daily at all, I guess it's just a comfort thing to have an auto box, I've driven both manual and auto coupes and I preferred the auto.