BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

My Very 1st BM' - '96 E36 318TDS SE - Just saying Hello

Tags
1st bm
1K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  chromiumuk 
#1 ·
Hi all, last night I just bought my first BMW :thumbsup :cool
Just wanted to come on and say hello to everyone! :thumbsup

Have to say the car is comfortable indeed - it's only a 1.7TDS - my first diesel car, perfect as a temporary car for running around. This has changed though as I'm really enjoying the car - so smooth and comfortable to drive - economical - spacious - the list goes on....! (don't need to tell You guys) :silly

The car has only 70k on it (low for a '96 I thought) - know the guy I bought it off for YEARS! So it was a confident purchase, and he owned it close to 5years and really didn't want to part with it! He has decided though to move on and maybe go for a 325TDS or even 530D - something bigger!

Anyhow I'm babbling on here - I'm like a little kid at christmas now :D buzzing over my new car... I'm going to post a few pics here I took last night before the previous owner cleaned out his belongings - these are a kind of "blank canvas" - before I give it an extremely thorough cleaning out and add my own touches! (NOTE: Drivers side door card was off at the time the prev.owner had just got a fault with the electric window fixed and hadn't gotten round to putting it back on - I did though - so it's all better now :hihi)

There is a few wee niggly things with the car I plan to fix so I would like to ask all You guys for some of your expert advice (pretty please :)) when I get around to sorting them out?

Anyway! Just saying hello and I'm away to get the hoover n my bags of cleaning products out for "Bessie" my new pride and joy! :D

Take Care all! :thumbsup
~Keith - Northern Ireland

See less See more
#7 ·
Cheers guys! Checked out all your cars.... N I C E :D

Just finished giving a few things a fresh greasing up and gave it a quick hoover n wipe round... wait until I get into work next week for a full on valet :D then I'll put some proper pics up!

Found a few oily bits around the engine :( Got a few quid coming my way though so will have it straight down to the mechanics for a health check etc.

Thanks guys for the warm welcome - appreciated! :D

#13 · (Edited)
Low Mileage Genuine?

I hope so mate! I plan to keep hold of it! See what I've noticed though... my steering wheel looks a little too worn in my opinion for a 72k car? I added some pics - little worried now - anyone any advice on how I could check or try n suss out if my car has had the clocks put back? I dont have a service book or anything with the car! :(

What You guys think?

~K

PS: Still love the car anyway :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.