On my thrid E46 so about time I signed up!

Notices

Thread: On my thrid E46 so about time I signed up!

Reply to Thread
  1. On my thrid E46 so about time I signed up! 
    Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    bouet's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    320d
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manuel
    Car Body Type:
    compact

Thanks
    Hi Guys,
    I have been browsing the forums for a couple of years now but now I have finally decided to sign up!
    A brief history of my BMW ownership...

1) 2002 320TD compact, bought of my girlfriends parents for a bargain £2800 3years ago. Top spec, bullet proof reliability, sold it 45k miles and 2 years later for £2000. Having been addicted to french hot hatches the RWD and build quality were a revelation... now a serious BMW fan. So I splashed out and bought...

2) 2004 330d M-sport Touring, winter pack, Sat Nav/TV, full leather, EPIC car! But... the fuel consumption was rubbish (maybe my right foot was to blame), so after 3 months I decided to down size again and use the change to buy a weekend/track car (early Boxster). So I sold the touring for more than I bought it for and along came...

3) 2004 320d M-sport Saloon (in grey, the last 2 were silver). Leather but no nav, missed the power / loved the economy! High mileage but 3k less than the touring.

But that isn't the end...!
    On the day the touring was being picked up I was driving home from work having swapped the Eibach suspension onto the new one and some t***r crashed into me! My previously perfect touring was now smashed front and back resulting in no sale- gutted!
    So I'm now left with a crashed 330d and a 320d AND a 2012 320D M-sport courtesy car (silver lining)!
    Then the insurance company decide the Touring is a write off and give me £5900 (I paid £5500) or £5300+the car back (no brainer).
    Having got the car back mainly to steal the heated leathers and Sat Nav I took a closer look and realised it was only cosmetic and a split expansion tank!!

After this absolute result I started to cobble together the panels to repair the touring then DISASTER the saloon breaks down (long story for another thread- advise needed!) so I patched up the touring with smashed panels and am using it as my everyday ride again.

So that is my introduction and brief BMW ownership history! I will hopefully be starting a thread for the Touring project (inspired by Lloyd?) and asking advise on my very poorly 320d.

Sorry if the above is a bit long and boring!

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    dansinclair11's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    316i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Compact
    Thanks
    I think it's time for some pics…
    And welcome!

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    Paul R's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E60 M5
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    SMG III
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon
    Thanks
    Welcome,

I'm new here too! Seems a bit slow here with the replies, so thought i'd give you an extra one