my 2nd e46 320d afew issues and would like advice key fob, turbo, n loosing oil

Notices

Thread: my 2nd e46 320d afew issues and would like advice key fob, turbo, n loosing oil

Reply to Thread
  1. my 2nd e46 320d afew issues and would like advice key fob, turbo, n loosing oil 
    BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    mikegartside's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    320d se
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon

Thanks
    this is my 2nd 320d my 1st was an 01 136bhp n a pile of poo n this is a 04 150bhp 6speed and its my baby love it 2 bits.
    thing is there is a couple of things bothering me
    the 1st 1, is it normal for the turbo to wine from abt 1200revs up its not remapped or owt n local lads have the golfs all remapped n they wine but i think its something 2 worry about
    and at night with a car behind me when it comes on boost theres a cloud behind me. in the day its fine wouldnt notice a thing and my dad was following me 1 day says its just black reek like, he said its normal but hes been out of car game for 20 years n technology has gone far in this time.
    also for some reason when i press unlock on the fob the windows go down i have to press it twice to stop this surely thats not normal????
    i have only had it 6 weeks now n also noticed its loosing oil at a decent rate i topped it up with a litre when i bought it as it was abit rattley top end n when i checked other day its near bottom again n has gone abit rattley again but theres no signs its been sitting on my drive for 3 days now n theres no oil patch so where could it be going????

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    matmar's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Touring

Images
    Thanks
    Hi,

Regarding your question on the key fob, I understand that car presets can be set to an individual key (certain models) which when operated, the windows, seats are adjusted etc to individual (driver/key) settings. You may have one such car. I have part of a pdf manual that details how to adjust the key presets. I can send you the pdf if you wish?

Matt.

BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    mikegartside's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    320d se
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon

Thanks
    yeh that would b great lad i am new to this might need abit of instruction if its complicated if u dont mind. didnt think it should be like that but my old e46 the fob didnt work so didnt have that problem lol cheers for replying mate appreciate it