Must beat ***hole in Mercedes! Need the advice of you fine folks if possible! M3 SMG

Notices

Thread: Must beat ***hole in Mercedes! Need the advice of you fine folks if possible! M3 SMG

Reply to Thread
  1. Must beat ***hole in Mercedes! Need the advice of you fine folks if possible! M3 SMG 
    BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    Sam_M3's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    M3
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Images
    Thanks
    Hi everyone, I'm Sam, 21 from Kent. I'm new to this forum, and I've been told it's the Mecca of all BMW lovers!
    I was hoping to get some advice from somebody with a bit more knowledge than me about M3s (which is probably every one of you) regarding tuning my 52 reg M3 SMG Semi-Auto 3.2. I was surprised with it yesterday as an early birthday present from my Dad (generous legend). It's pretty blimmin' quick, (running at over 340 BHP) but struggles to keep up with this smarmy BMW hating ******* in an AMG Merc!
    Can't let that be the case, can we lads??
    I was hoping to get the ECU re-mapped for additional Torque and BHP. I had originally planned on buying a 325i, and to use Darren at AP Tuning for the job. I've have 4 friends that are over the moon with his efficient and inexpensive work, and judging by his helpful texts he's obviously a very knowledgeable guy, but unfortunately he's unable to work on this specific car. (Something to do with a 'Dyno'..? Given my short knowledge of cars, I thought he was talking about Jurassic Park). Big shame I can no longer use him, as he has been more than happy to answer all sorts of frequent questions about how to turn a standard road car in to something seemingly fresh off of Silverstone!
    Do any of you guys know anybody who could do this for me? And if so, what would I have to do to the car before taking it in for a re-map? I,e - Spark Plugs, Coolant flush etc etc. I'd hate to push too much power into the car without taking necessary precautions before hand, and blow the bugger up! My main aim is to make this car as 'torquey' as possible, so if any of you Beamer-Gods have any other suggestions, please let me know. A rough price, and how/where I need to go about instalment and supply would be greatly appreciated.
    I was also hoping to get the car either vinyl wrapped or resprayed in matte white, and have somebody install the body kit I have just bought from Dimma, but the cheapest I can find is Full Circle in Marden, who quoted me £3000 for kit install and full respray. Seems pretty expensive to me, any suggestions?
    As I say, compared to most, my knowledge of new cars is pretty slim.. I don't know if there's anything I've missed that you need to know before giving advice on how to upgrade the cars performance, but in case you need to know; It's a Semi-Auto (with the Tiptronic gear shifter on the steering wheel) it has 18" rims, everything is currently at factory standard other than a recently purchased clutch. Which parts should I look at renewing before increasing the power, I,e pistons, induction system, exhaust etc? Anything that I would be likely to get away with and is not a necessity, nor a risk of engine damage, I would rather leave until it's needed. As you can imagine, it's already going to be very pricey!
    Any help would be really useful to me guys, and it would be much more encouraging talking to a genuine neighbourly Petrolhead than a trader that will say just about anything to persuade me to spend loads of money when I don't really need to!
    Although I very much respect (and expect) your comments concerning safety, I've had enough crashes in my meagre 21 years to understand that I'm not invincible! They hurt! Despite the additional 40 kilos in weight, the very first add-on the car received was a heavy duty iron roll-cage. It's not the prettiest of contraptions, and still doesn't provide death defying superhuman powers, but I do take every precaution to ensure maximum safety. I may well believe that speed is the best thing in life, but I refuse to allow it end mine!! Hence the £1300 set of Michelins and the £600 sports brakes!
    Thanks so much in advance you legends.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Administrator
    Car Details
    Ian S's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    M3 Evo, E60 530D, 911 C4S, Yaris T Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Loon
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,240 Times in 1,711 Posts
    Welcome, I've replied to your other thread.

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    Sam_M3's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    M3
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Images
    Thanks