BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Looking for 5 Series

604 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  530kam 
#1 ·
Hi All

New joiner from cloudy Truro! Am in the hunt for a good spec fast and resonably economical 5 series - probably 525d or 530d, 067 plate or later.

Also looking for an older 3 series for my mrs - maybe 03 ish, so will be asking questions to get advice!

Kind regards

Matt

#4 ·
Get the 530d mate - you'll wish you did once the 525d is a few weeks old

#5 ·
Welcome Matt.

Like Kam, from what I've seen/read, the 525 is a bit weedy and the number on the orad suggests theyre not too popular. Economy/price = 520d and a bit more go = 530d+.

For the Missus, loadsa choice you need to narrow down on engine size primarily, but do look carefully at spec (ES spec is poverty!) and prices are pretty good right now so haggle hard!!

#6 ·
i think my dad is looking to sell his 2003 318ise.

done about 77k he only wants to sell as i bought a onder 5 series which her prefers and asked if he could have it and for me to look for somthing else.

my dads 65 years old so doesn't exactly rag his cars etc, its in light green metalic with grey cloth interior.

not sure what he wants for it though, car is in birmingham.

#7 ·
Thanks for the welcome guys!

Seem to have found a decent car - 525d M Sport in black - really wanted a 530 or 535 but the 525 seems to be a decent balance of performance and economy.

Any thoughts please? It is June 05 reg.

Matt

#8 ·
Finally done it.... bought used 525d Touring in Silver today - after a long and drawn out kerfuffle with the dealer.
Just now waiting for the plate to transfer and should be up and running within a week ish.

Pleased now, but its been a drama!!

Matt

#9 ·
well done - look forward to the photos

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.