BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Introducing myself

489 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Spirit 
#1 ·
Evening all :).

Thought I would introduce myself, my name is Kier and I'm 22 and just got my first BMW on Sunday.

For some reason I joined a few years ago, but don't remember it! Must have wanted to view something I guess.

Anyway, after someone decided that they would drive into me, my Focus was written off. Beyond economical repair...good news...I wanted a new car for a while!

So, what did I end up with? A 1997 P-Reg 528i SE Auto. Cost me £1,000 of eBay. I was a little worried about buying one of eBay, but went for it anyway.

I'm not the most car minded of people, but I think I got a very good deal. The car is lovely, 96,000 miles, smooth when driving and silent (was told to look out for this). Only bad thing I can find so far is a bit of trim broken by the seat ajuster. Oh, and that MPG gauge under the rev counter...not a fan of that!

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Executive car

Its a bit of a difference going from a 1.8TDDi Focus to a 2.8 petrol! Insurance isn't too bad, £590 fully comp, not bad for a 22 male!

Few more photos can be seen here.

Going to have a look around the forums and see if I can find any fun, amazed at how much comes with it! Love the 'rest' button to keep it warm!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.