Model of Car:
    328iSE
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual ofcourse!
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon
    Thanks
    ..my 328, here on the left! Cant believe I haven't registered sooner, been too busy playing I suppose! My first bm was a car I bought for £500 quid, best £500 you could spend, a '92 320iSE saloon, with 183k and still driving like new, total made an impression but it came to a sorry end when my mate wrote it off!! Ended up buyin a c class, tidied up and sold it cause just wanted another e36, thats when this silver beauty came into my life!! '97 328iSE, Manual (spit on that auto) and Full Black leather, genuine m3 wheels, m bumpers but kept standard mirrors cause I prefer em..tidy show!! She's been lowered and honestly, I love this car so much!! Press that fun button straight away (is there a way to just fully do away with ASC??)

Def thinking about my 3rd BM, an e36 m3, but dont know whether to buy the 3.0 or the 3.2 evo....

The 328 just aint gettin sold regardless, ok, nope, not ever!

I'm quite excited about speakin about the ultimate driving machine with fellow enthusiasts as we're def onto winners!!!

Over an out!

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    Deano16v's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    745i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    Thanked 1,154 Times in 1,001 Posts
    heelo dude, many welcomes. thats quite a bit of passion there

RYM
    Legendary BFuk Member
    Car Details
    RYM's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325tds
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Touring
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,935 Times in 3,119 Posts
    Welcome to the forum Melv

Sounds like you have been well and truly bitten by the beemer bug and it's great that there's no antidote

With regards to the M3 engines you will find the 3.0litre is the most advisable as the 3.2 runs the more troublesome twin vanos. To be honest with you, I think you'd be hard pushed to notice the difference in power between the two engines. 321bhp with a six speed box or 286bhp with a five speed. I personally think the 3.0litre with a good driver will out run any 3.2 until they get close to the speeds that are way way way above the legal limit.

I'd be really interested to actually see both cars tested by the same driver under "test" conditions from 0- speed limiter.

5. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Maestro
    Car Details
    GordonJ's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318ti E36 LPG
    Year of Manufacture:
    1996 / P
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Hatch
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by A20 RYM View Post
    With regards to the M3 engines you will find the 3.0litre is the most advisable as the 3.2 runs the more troublesome twin vanos. To be honest with you, I think you'd be hard pushed to notice the difference in power between the two engines. 321bhp with a six speed box or 286bhp with a five speed. I personally think the 3.0litre with a good driver will out run any 3.2 until they get close to the speeds that are way way way above the legal limit.

I'd be really interested to actually see both cars tested by the same driver under "test" conditions from 0- speed limiter.
    First off, hello Melv, good to have you with us, this is a great forum with lots of good info and chit-chat. As well as my own legendary jokes!

I agree with RYM about it being largely down to driver skill. I know if I was in the 3.0 against several people I know in the 3.2, I'd finish first and they'd be wrapped round a tree. 286bhp is plenty, mucho ponies, and if he says it's more likely to be reliable, I'd believe that.

De Omnibus Dubitandum

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    Ronnie's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    See above
    Year of Manufacture:
    Never too old, never too new
    Transmission Type:
    Always manual
    Car Body Type:
    Usually 5 doors
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,051 Times in 5,322 Posts
    Welcome to the forum Melv, very good introduction and lots of BMW passion , I would also go for the 3.0 litre M3 due to the Vanos problems that the 3.2s suffer from

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    Melv's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    328iSE
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual ofcourse!
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GordonJ View Post
    First off, hello Melv, good to have you with us, this is a great forum with lots of good info and chit-chat. As well as my own legendary jokes!

I agree with RYM about it being largely down to driver skill. I know if I was in the 3.0 against several people I know in the 3.2, I'd finish first and they'd be wrapped round a tree. 286bhp is plenty, mucho ponies, and if he says it's more likely to be reliable, I'd believe that.
    Thanks for the replies guys!! Its good to be a member of a real forum since i have a real car!!

Yep i've thought that it is more likely i'll buy a 3.0 as heard of the vanos problems with the evo that does put me off.., and the 320 was such a tool for a 2.0 which made me buy the 2.8, this car has good power as it is, and if the 328 is this good with 197hp, then a 3.0 m3 must be something else!!

I've always been passionate about cars, also do love my fordy RSs, if I dont buy a m3 i'd prob buy another 2wd Saph, but I havent had an m3 yet so I think we all know what I will end up with!

When that happens think the 328 will turn into a project to become a sheer weapon, a good ol' tulbo I think would be very interesting!

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    Deano16v's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    745i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    Thanked 1,154 Times in 1,001 Posts
    just my 2 pennies worth, whilst i cant disagree with the guys on the 3.0/3.2 debate the 3.2 does sound fooking lush. Metallic with a nice non boy racer rasp-a proper motorsport sound whereas imo the 3.0 is more bassy.

RYM
    Legendary BFuk Member
    Car Details
    RYM's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325tds
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Touring
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,935 Times in 3,119 Posts
    You haven't heard mine

Scorpion stainless steel cat back, Miltek De-cat replacement and a Dave F filter shielded induction kit ( still to be fitted )

Later mods include a remap and i've always dreamed of owning a supercharged motor

Still... I would always choose reliability over sound

£1,500 + is alot of money to have to find if the vanos goes

BMW Maestro
    Car Details
    craigledden's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    525i se (E39)
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon
    Thanks
    wecome

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    Melv's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    328iSE
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual ofcourse!
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon
    Thanks
    I def think after some o the cars my 328i can toast, esp as its not just about horsepower, the torque of these engines is something else!!

I think it will be the 3.0 MMMMMMMM3 i go for, i mean I like the BMs for reliabilty and being able to just trounce on and on, really are somethin else and again Im so impressed with the 328 that i will have no hesitation in buyin a 3.0 M3 when i see the right one!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast