BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Howdy - New member!

1K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  Spirit 
#1 ·
Hey guys and girls!

I haven't yet got myself a BMW, am waiting for another years no claims then they become insurable :D
Looking at a 318Ci which is worlds apart from my current car, a 1.4 206 :p

Dan - Bassline Toad.

#4 ·
Cheers for the replies guys!

I know, I really can't wait! I really don't want to crash, If I do, I would probably just run and hide under a rock! :p

Just for record guys, (And to save wasting a thread) what do you guys do for headunits?
I've searched and couldn't find anything. I've got myself a single Din headunit in my 206 (Alpine IDA X305S) and love it, but I've noticed the 318's headunit (OEM one) is a bizarre size, it's between a single and double din :S

Do you use a single din headunit with a fascia or not bother?
Cheers in advance guys
And thanks for the warm welcome, Hope to get to know you more in the future

Oh, and don't worry, all my other threads won't be this noobie xD

Dan

#5 ·
For the e46, people normally get fascia adaptors in which a single din unit will fit. Some people prefer the OEM look, while others will change it for an after-market one.
Here a picture of one fitted >> LINK << But I've also seen some with those double din touch screen sat-nav ones. I think they are found on the M3. Here's a picture of that one >> LINK << Note that the A/C controls have been moved compared to the position of the standard ones.

#7 ·
It's alright man. Oh I forgot to add that there's another version of the sat-nav/radio screen thing. These may be fitted on the pre-facelift e46s or non M3 e46s, but don't count me on that. Here's the link for that >>LINK<< :) So it's all really up to you of what you wanna do. I'm not an expert of the e46 myself as I own an e36. With the sat-nav screens, you might need extra equipment for the TV tuner, sat nav signal etc!

#10 ·
Also I wouldn't worry about fitting a different head unit to start off. I think you are better of spending your money on servicing the car first as you never really know how well it was treated before you. Start saying your pennys cos there are always things that need fixing :)

#12 ·
New car was serviced too, They hadn't done the oil, filters or anything else that i could see. They just stamped the book!!! But thats used cars for you.

#14 ·
I am no expert on cars or buying them but bushes are a common issue listen for knocking from the rear when you do a test drive. There are loads of things to look for maybe start a new thread for expert advice.

"cheap bastards :p" Your vey right lol but i love the car and haven't looked back :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.