I have been reading the forum for a week or so..
I bought a 53, 3 series 320td se Compact on saturday, tbh im loving the car already
I had a little list of jobs to do.. sofar
1) Drivers window reg: changed on monday
2) Good clean: Washed, Polised & Waxed on Sunday
3) The cd/dvd player was not functional: removed and found it was not wired in , but now sorted.
4) It seems a little smokey at Boost: have put in some injector cleaner will give it a week and see if it clears up.
still to do,
5) The turbo is a little loud so need to check the piping encase there is a leak somewhere..
6) Oil level is good, but looks dirty so will be changing along with the diesel filter.
7) Have read about swirl flaps, I will remove these..
8) Also seen issue regarding the oil breather causing issues with the turbo: need to change this also.
To be honest this is all i can think of to start me off
oh and here she is
here is my project thread