I'm new to this forum and to M3 ownership so would just like say hi to everyone and thanks for the vast amounts of information that I have already gathered on my path to M3 ownership.
I have just bought myself a 1995 N reg black 3.0 saloon with 115000 miles on the clock. The car is in generally good condition (a few rough edges here and there), but nothing major and it drives very nice from my limited exposure so far. There are however 1 0r two areas that need attention.
The main problems are as follows
1) The cats are blowing (I used this as a major bargaining factor).
2) The service history is not 100 percent complete (it is pretty good but there are a few gaps here and there), also the history check I did using BMW customer services mentioned some work and servicing which is not in the service book (which I find a bit strange).
So my questions are as follows.
1) For the cats I have found some de cat pipes on eBay etc (supersprint) for £275, these seem reasonably priced and since the car has a brand new MOT I could whip one of these on to fix the cat problem and to also maybe gain a little extra performance. How much performance, if any could I expect from this (considering the back box will remain standard at this stage) and would you suggest getting a full service etc done at the same time?
2) How much would I expect to pay to get this cat fitted (I don't have a garage or tools to do it myself) and if the service etc is recommended how much would this approximately come too?
3) Is there anywhere in or near NW/N London that someone can recommend where I can take the car in to get the work done, M3 specialists etc?
Thanks in advance for any help guys