318IS
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    Hey guys,

Just a quick introduction as I've been reading the forums a lot but never posted. I recently purchased a 96 E36 318 IS Coupe from a friend. It's been made to look like M3 and is my new project.

It was an absolute bargain at 1k despite it's relatively high mileage 170k . I was wary at first buying a car with such high mileage but couldn't pass up on the chance to own this car. Even if the engine died on me tomorrow I could make that money back by selling the wheels, m3 alacanta interior and various other parts. All though I would be more likely to get a new engine

I've been down the local scrap yard every weekend ever since I got the thing and slowly but surely tidying the thing up. I may do a project thread at some point perhaps?

Some pics:

P1070442.JPGP1070448.JPGP1070443.JPGP1070449.JPG

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Maestro
    Car Details
    m44lee's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    supercharged 318is
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    coupe

Thanks
    welcome to the forum mate! from a fellow 318is owner
    so whats been done so far?
    and whats next on the list of things to do?

SUPERCHARGED 318IS

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    AJReading's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318IS
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    Well so far I've spent around 15 hours cleaning, clay baring and polishing the thing. It was filthy!

The interior trims were wrapped (badly in places) with carbon wrap. Not a fan at all, so I've replaced the center console and upgraded the old plastic armrest to a nice leather one. I'm starting with the small things, it's had some new rear lights a new glove box just tidying up at the moment. It's these little things that really bug me and have to be fixed!

Currently working on the door cards, removed the old ones to find a real bodge job on the speaker wiring so getting my head around that before replacing the cards with new ones currently sat in my garage. Also have the rear seats out at the moment for a slight repair and a damn good clean.

Long term, I've got some m3 side skirts sat in the garage which need to be sprayed and fitted, and I'm likely to get the whole thing resprayed after I've had it up on a ramp to make sure its not completely rotten! It's had various panels sprayed before and being the perfectionist I am, I don't like the way its sprayed up to the seals etc. The rear spoiler is also badly wrapped so that needs some paint asap. Probably white to match.

Looking replace the interior with light grey leather, should look nice for a white car. It seems finding a set in good condition that's not 200 miles away is difficult! From there, who knows... right now its all about tidying the things up.