BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Hi everyone. New 1993 e36 318i owner

624 views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  benstanley 
#1 ·
Hello my name is Ben and I have recently purchased a 1993 e36 318i. Its hell red, 137k, no service history, very rough around the edges but what can i say for £250 tax and MOT until feb i think its a bit of a bargain.

the only pic i have at the mo

Although.....on my 30mile drive home there was a very bad knocking/wobble from the front. got it home to find that both front lower wishbones were shot! :(

So i went to the local scrappy and picked 2 up off of a 32k 1998 rear ended 318, and got my local mechanic to fit them.

My next issue was with the cold weather, the previous owner didnt put any antifreeze in the coolant so the whole thing froze! :( so another trip to the local mech for a coolant change and to make sure there was no damage done.

All was good for 2 more days when the temp gauge wouldnt go higher than the blue marker! :mad then i noticed coolant in my passenger footwell:mad

So am in the proceeds of removing my heater matrix! Car has no air con so should be straight forward. will be posting a help thread up in a bit and doing search to see if there are any how to guides on this!

Anyways thats my story nice to meet you all! And i look forward to prowling the forum in the hunt for bimmer knowledge!

Ben.

See less See more
#6 ·
Unlucky about all the problems Ben... BUT for £250 not bad!!! Start a Project thread mate be good to see!

Welcome to the fourm!

#10 ·
hello and welcome, nice lookin bm ive got the same but in blue and made it into a m3 rep. good runners aint they.
mine not so much mate lol. Has a bit of a noisey start up and well ive only driven it 11miles since ive owned the bloody thing! And its supposed to be my daily!!!

thanks for all the welcomes!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.