BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

hi, complete newbie..(sort Of..)

Tags
newbiesort
2K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  muallem 
#1 ·
hi...

i have just purchased my 2nd BMW ever..(the first one was a nightmare to own...Swore that i would never go back to the marque..!)

but here i am, 4 days away from collecting her..and to be fare, i am excited as hell..car as follows:-

330i (on the badge..)
but has the following:-

full crema leather (immaculate)
electric passenger and driver side
multiple airbags
Unmarked exterior (no dents, scratches at all)
unmarked wheels(wider at the back)
manual
87K on the clock
FBMWSH
xenons
Sports suspension..

whats doing my head in is...how does it drive? i know what you are thinking.."has he not driven it.."? the answer is no...!

i live way to far away to do so, but i always go with my gut instinct with cars, the only one that i got done over with was the first BMW..(brought with my head..!did not listen to the feeling..!)i looked all day, every day for the last 7 weeks..and then this sexy car caught my attention, and i got the butterflies..the feeling..phoned stracight away, talked to the dealer..and beleived him...(stupid you may think..!) but you have to realise, i have done this plenty of times...!any way..sorry about the long rant..let me know what you think when you see the pics...:thumbsup

See less See more
#2 ·
Well you've taken a bit of a risk in my opinion in not going to look at the car physically and not driving it, but that's your personal choice!

Sounds like a very nice car, and I hope it goes well for you. Post some photos when you get it :thumbsup

#11 ·
Hi Muallem, just hope you have more luck than me! Bought a 320d unseen back in July and really wasn't as described. Car has obviously had a bump as a couple of shut lines leave a bit to be desired, mileage was also more than quoted. Was prepared for sale by a relative of Stevie Wonder I think! Anyway, after traveling from France to the midlands to collect it there weren't many options open to me so I chipped the dealer on price as best I could and left quickly. Car drives OK but the little things wrong with it bug me every day:mad

Anyway,best of luck. Not everyone out is out to take the pi**, just hope the car you're after isn't in Kidderminster!!

Chris

#13 ·
henrys dad - sorry to hear about your plight.:mad..its always a shame when people take the p*SS..its not fair, i have had instances of travelling far for cars..and walked away well and truly gutted...she is in Middlesex, and i go down to london quite often for work, so it ties in perfectly...!dealer has assured me that she is perfect..worst case i walk away having lost a little of my deposit money (£200 was minimum) and even this was verified by e-mail, that if she does not match description given me by sales man..full refund..

i am so excited, and if truth be known, i have never been excited by all of my 'heroes' which i have had, i have a tick list of cars that i wanted when i was 20, and now that i am 34! i have gone through them all.(they are all priced perfectly now..sub 10k).bar 1...(porsche 911 (993):jaw-dropping but i am saving up for that..!

the other half, always complaining about stupid cars..loud boy racer cars (the Evo's and the impreza's) persuaded me to buy her..and TBH i am excited...never had such a new car..! never needed it, considereing what can be brought for the 5 to 8k mark..but this one...she is for keeps..once i get her(if..everything is ok) i shall do my usual Mcquires regime(very religious when it comes to Irish cleaning products..!) and then get some Muallem style pics up...

Thanks for the comments guys, fingers crossed..:D

#16 ·
guess who came home yesterday...?

well

if you have read my post form page 1, many of you will know that i brought my little german without seeing her in the flesh..

story thus far, had a meeting in london, finished off nice and early, and got to the garage..walked round the back, and my heart sank, there she was all dirty and dust ridden (been sat for 2 weeks while road workes were going on:mad) got the keys, and walked round, no gaps in the panels..so scrtacthes, nor dents, a little scuff mark on the underside of the front lip, has caused the paint to crack like spiders legs..) but other than that..herat was racing...(started to smoke again having quit 6 weeks ago, from the stress!and excitement..!)

started her up...ans she sounded amazing..:D just sweet as a nut..well, to cut a long story short, paid for her, signed the warranty papers (upto £1000 claims, as many times as i want in year, with the AA gold 5 star) i know what you may be thinking, "with till you claim" but i have dealt with them via my breakdown cover, and they have honoured every claim that i have made (including a gearbox rebuild on an audi quattro!)

drove out, filled her up, onto the M1, M6, home, drive..and bliss, i love her..she is everything that i wanted in a BMW e46, fast, comfy, lazy, economical (80mph returned 30.1mpg) and the cruise control is like non that i have ever used on any car, and the DSC...!:jaw-dropping...

so there you have it guys...a match made in heaven...all i need now is the sun, so i can polish her up lovely...!

http://www.bimmerforums.co.uk/forum/picture.php?albumid=366&pictureid=1687

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.