BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

HI all, newbie here....

789 views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  kzawilin 
#1 ·
I just thought i would post a Hello to everyone.

I have just ventured into E36 ownership with a rash purchase from ebay - a 323i Cabriolet with no MOT...... a bit of a winter project car......
So far this forum has come in pretty useful for some repairs....

In preparation for the MOT i have..
Fitted new disks and pads on the front replacing the wear sensor
Replaced the passenger outside door handle, what a PITA but do-able.
Repaired my speedo - top half only displaying - quite a straight forward task...
New Rear tyre

Still to do for MOT.... (just waiting for the weather to improve and parts to arrive)
Drivers outside door handle replacement
LH front driving light is not working, High beam is ok... - bulb is ok, just no power getting to the unit
Passenger interior handle replacement

Still to do to tidy it up.....

Clean interior
minor paintwork
refurb wheels
Seat harness repairs (damaged by previous owner when swapping interior)

And loads more

Regards

Karl

See less See more
#6 ·
No it was a sober, calculated decision (Not sure which is worse)... I was confident i could fix the warning lights (brakes, airbag, etc), fix the speedo and everything else that would be required for the MOT. Lets wait and see what happens, hopefully, weather permitting it will be on the road in the next 2 weeks, still waiting for my Ebay parts to arrive though

Karl.

#8 ·
well, its now on the road....

a few minor issues for the MOT, orange indicator bulbs not "orange" enough, 1 headlight out of alignment, the fuel filler cap didnt lock and finally one front tyre was illegal (it was 2mm on my little tool) but what the heck, its done now...

so far, for a 1999 car its been pretty cheap to purchase and get back on the road.....

Just general tidying up to do now and a few minor problems (that will probably turn into bigger problems) to sort out.....

#10 ·
yes it was a temporary one. It still has a temporary one now but it is a locking one. it only cost 4 quid which was worth it to get it through the MOT.

Now I just need to sort out the high but stable idle speed. 1200rpm when warm. I haven't looked into it yet. I'll post in the forum topics if I have any issues, let's see what happens .......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.