Hey everyone, just joined the site a couple of days ago and have been looking around since! I got my baby about 2 months ago, and it's a Hellrot Red e36 316i Saloon, with standard OEM kit fitted. No problematic rust, which I'm quite happy with for cost of car.
All it needed was a new bearing and spring on rear drivers wheel, and... I've forgotten that one.
I've also had it MOT'd where the first garage blew up my engine and snapped the mounts and the airhose. They had deniability when no-one admitted fault, and so I had to fix this up myself. [Note, I don't do the work myself, my dad does - He's fixed up the cars of my family for years with a trusted Haynes manual - but I am learning from him to do things for myself. A rather good experience, I'd say - and a great deal cheaper]
We were fortunate to have an old radiator from another e36 we had, so didn't need a new one of those. We also found 2nd hand engine mounts on ebay for £5 each, bargain! Unfortunately, needed a brand new airhose from BMW in Aberdeen, which was £35 that I didn't have but needed for new MOT. Then needed new tires for my 15" alloys, as rear ones were illegal. Stuck some bad-ass 225-60-15's on there, which was another £30 I didn't have; but it got me through my MOT. A few days later, I noticed the car was running pretty sluggish, and so decided to give it a full service, changing the filters, sparks and oil.
Car's been running like a dream ever since, but I wanted more power; and so have started using Shell V-Power Unleaded as of yesterday. Massive difference, I'd say.
Apart from that I got some red and black leather interior from here, but haven't installed it yet as the doorcards are royal blue and my dash is grey. It would look a bit naff. Also, the drivers door card has some damage to it, which just doesn't look pretty.
Got some old black ones with fabric in them, though, so now all I need is a black dash and it can all go in there!!
Now for the wishlist,
- Induction Kit, any suggestions as to the best one for more power/bhp?
- Convert rear brakes from drums to discs. Is this a big job that's worth it in the end?
- m3 bumpers, side skirts, and mirrors.
-Get rid of the orange indicators, and remove indicators from wings - the m3 mirrors I'm looking at have indicators in them.
- Maybe get some Angel eyes, but are they really worth it? What's the best way to go about them?
- New exhaust, I'm looking for a full replacement exhaust, and want twin pipes to come out of both sides of the rear, but can this be done if it doesn't already have that?
- Bigger, black alloys. Perhaps 18", or 19".
- Change spoiler for similar one with brake-light.
There will certainly be more to come, but that's all I can think of just now.
I will take some pics soon and upload them for all to see!