My names Rob. I'm new to the forum so thought id say hi and attach a few photos of my car.
Its a 1998 E36 328i coupe in cosmos black, its my second E36 (I used to have a 316 but upgraded!) and I have no plans of changing as I love them !
Ive had it for about 9/10 months now and since having it I haven't messed with it too much its had...
- New windscreen as the original was cracked (not an MOT failure but did it anyway).
- New tyres as the front wishbones had failed so the tyre wear was horrible but that's all sorted now.
- New fog lights as they were also cracked and generally a bit tatty.
- New K&N cone filter (It already had one when I bought the car so figured id keep it this way)
- A bit of a facelift with an M3 lip (why they didnt put them on the 328's im not sure?) and a matte black grill.
- New bumper grill as it was missing when I bought the car.
- New brake light switch and some defective/missing bulb carriers.
Other than that its standard and feels genuinely un-abused.
My plans for the future are (finances permitting as I've just been made redundant so once I get my situation sorted ill keep going but for now its staying as is )
- New radiator, water pump etc... (basically overhaul the whole system as I've read around it and it seems highly recommended plus I've got a little leak from the rad so figured might as well do the lot while I'm at it).
- Rear subframe bushes as they are looking a bit tired.
- M50 manifold conversion
- Either de-cating a standard exhaust or buying a proper de-cat exhaust (finance dependant).
- Wheel refurb
- And/Or coilovers/strutbrace
- I need to sort the heating/air con out too as it looks like my final stage unit may have gone and the A/C has never worked. But that's not bothering me too bad at the moment as it still blows warm... just a bit sadly lol.
- Angel eye conversion
- Finally my ASC wont turn off which is unbelievably irritating!!! so I need to take a look over that but again I can put up with it for the moment.
If anyone has any suggestions or recommendations for any jobs that I should look into doing for the good of the car or even any little performance enhancers I may have missed please give me a shout as I'm by no means an expert so any and all suggestions (short of "buy an M3" ) are greatly appreciated!
Looking forward to hearing from you guys!