Hi all new to the forum so thought id introduce me and my 1998 E36 328i Coupe

Notices

Thread: Hi all new to the forum so thought id introduce me and my 1998 E36 328i Coupe

Reply to Thread
  1. Hi all new to the forum so thought id introduce me and my 1998 E36 328i Coupe 
    Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    Swampy101's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    328i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    Hi all,

My names Rob. I'm new to the forum so thought id say hi and attach a few photos of my car.
    Its a 1998 E36 328i coupe in cosmos black, its my second E36 (I used to have a 316 but upgraded!) and I have no plans of changing as I love them !
    Ive had it for about 9/10 months now and since having it I haven't messed with it too much its had...

- New windscreen as the original was cracked (not an MOT failure but did it anyway).
    - New tyres as the front wishbones had failed so the tyre wear was horrible but that's all sorted now.
    - New fog lights as they were also cracked and generally a bit tatty.
    - New K&N cone filter (It already had one when I bought the car so figured id keep it this way)
    - A bit of a facelift with an M3 lip (why they didnt put them on the 328's im not sure?) and a matte black grill.
    - New bumper grill as it was missing when I bought the car.
    - New brake light switch and some defective/missing bulb carriers.

Other than that its standard and feels genuinely un-abused.

My plans for the future are (finances permitting as I've just been made redundant so once I get my situation sorted ill keep going but for now its staying as is )

- New radiator, water pump etc... (basically overhaul the whole system as I've read around it and it seems highly recommended plus I've got a little leak from the rad so figured might as well do the lot while I'm at it).
    - Rear subframe bushes as they are looking a bit tired.
    - M50 manifold conversion
    - Either de-cating a standard exhaust or buying a proper de-cat exhaust (finance dependant).
    - Wheel refurb
    - And/Or coilovers/strutbrace
    - I need to sort the heating/air con out too as it looks like my final stage unit may have gone and the A/C has never worked. But that's not bothering me too bad at the moment as it still blows warm... just a bit sadly lol.
    - Angel eye conversion
    - Finally my ASC wont turn off which is unbelievably irritating!!! so I need to take a look over that but again I can put up with it for the moment.

If anyone has any suggestions or recommendations for any jobs that I should look into doing for the good of the car or even any little performance enhancers I may have missed please give me a shout as I'm by no means an expert so any and all suggestions (short of "buy an M3" ) are greatly appreciated!

Looking forward to hearing from you guys!

Cheers

Rob
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

rm1
    Dr of BMW
    Car Details
    rm1's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    coupe

Thanks
    Very pleasant a really good remap on these can liven them up a bit and its a lot cheaper and less involved than the m50 conversion-do a search on here for where to go for this.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to rm1 For This Useful Post:

Swampy101 (12-11-2013)

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    Swampy101's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    328i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    Thanks for the suggestion!
    A remap is something I've considered for a little while now so I will definitely have a search around! Ive got my heart set on the M50 conversion as it seems a waste to leave the engine restricted down because of small manifolds. So my thinking was that to get the most out of it I would be best off doing the remap after the conversion?