Hi all, thought it best to introduce myself first before i run riot on the rest of the forums lol (jk).
Anyway, just picked up an Arval blue 2005 E60 525D Sport, (though i'd like to call it an M sport being exactly the same albeit 3 months to old to be called one officially )
Here she is...
I live in Teesside, and am 33 years young.
So erm, yeah, picked the car up on Friday, used it to commute to work so far, i was going to buy another Audi but now i'm really glad i didn't. My thoughts so far, i love it, i used to drive an Audi A3 2.0TFSi sportback, and this is so much more planted on the road, the steering is better and it's generally a better car all round.
I do have afew questions that would fit in different sections here, so i'll post them here and if they can't be answered, i'll post seperate posts...
1. Does my car suffer with the swirl flap problem? I read that it doesn't but i may have read wrong.
2. I have the professional nav, with the 2005 disc, to update it, isit just a matter of buying the 2011 disc (i seen a site run by rusty who seems to have a good reputation)
3. I have bluetooth phone prep, when i connect my iphone 4, every couple of minutes, whether listening to radio or cd, the music will cut out for 2seconds then come back on - the aerial symbol disappears and reappears - as if it's dropping the bluetooth signal.
4. Staying with the iphone - I don't have the aux option :( (tight first owner never specced it lol). I'd like to use my iphone as a source of music. Afaik, the options i have are....
Dension gateway 500 - expensive
Parrot (i think)
Retrofit an aux
Use the cable that connects to the cd changer (i don't know too much about this)
Is that it?
Which is the best way, i would ideally like idrive interaction - but i woun't lose any sleep if i don't get it if it saves my £300.
5. I have runflats fitted, still loads of life in them, i've heard that they are harsher on the road than normal tyres, can i stick normal tyres on instead?
6. General running of the car - i'm aware of the DPF needing changing at 120k miles (still got 30k left yet), what other things should i be keeping my eyes on that isn't listed on the service menu on idrive?
7. - Last one - i promise - Not on my list of to do's for a long while yet, but if i sourced a pair of HID front lights, is it a straight swap with the normal lights - what about the washers?
Thanks ever so much for your time - and i look forward to soaking up info on my new car