320i SE
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon
    Thanks
    Hi there mate - welcome.

Like some of the others here I've done a few holidays to that part of the world including the LA, LV, SF, LA circuit - one of the best trips I've ever had - and stayed in Santa Monica and loved it - so very envious of you as I could imagine a great life in California.

Good luck with the car - the 540i Tourings aren't actually that common in the UK - there are only a handful on Autotrader at the moment - the 520/525/530 were really the main sellers - so you've obviously got yourself a pretty unusual car!

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    AquilaBMW's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    540i Touring
    Year of Manufacture:
    10/94
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Touring / Estate

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by saab View Post
    Hi there mate - welcome.

Like some of the others here I've done a few holidays to that part of the world including the LA, LV, SF, LA circuit - one of the best trips I've ever had - and stayed in Santa Monica and loved it - so very envious of you as I could imagine a great life in California.

Good luck with the car - the 540i Tourings aren't actually that common in the UK - there are only a handful on Autotrader at the moment - the 520/525/530 were really the main sellers - so you've obviously got yourself a pretty unusual car!
    Hiya - While you were out here, I hope you had a chance to drive up the coast on the Pacific Coast Highway. I remember the first 535i I had was just a blast going through the canyons and coastal curves. A driver's dream!

Thanks on the car mate! It is a bona-fide 540i Touring. First built in Germany 10/04, and then shipped and sold in Japan (go figure). I just worry as it had a decent amount of rust on it, so I don't know what it's fate is yet. It will be brilliant if I can restore it though. They are even more rare out here in the states.

4. Heidi Arrived Safely 
    Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    AquilaBMW's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    540i Touring
    Year of Manufacture:
    10/94
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Touring / Estate

Thanks
    Well - 540i Touring is here at last. It arrived in San Francisco on Tuesday. It ran like a dog out of breath when I first got it, so I am worried about her drivertrain, but we shall see.

Here are some pictures of her arrival at her new home:

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    SlowTech's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,798 Times in 3,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AquilaBMW View Post
    Well - 540i Touring is here at last. It arrived in San Francisco on Tuesday. It ran like a dog out of breath when I first got it, so I am worried about her drivertrain, but we shall see.
    Looks like it needs a bit of cosmetic TLC too , hopefully it won't be anything too serious and you'll be back on the road soon, can you wait ???

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12