BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Hey hey

752 views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Ronnie 
#1 ·
Hey all.

Another newbie. Just bought my first BMW having hated them all my life. I am now 49 and just needed a cheap runabout. So I bought a 1993 325TD Auto. It has no laquer on the boot, bits of rust on the doors, bits of rust on the wheel arches, drivers set is torn to shreds. BUT, it purrs like a kitten, changes gear smooth as silk and drives like a new(ish) car.

Rough and ready it may be, but I actually like it and will definitely be moving up to a newer BMW next car.

So, there you go. Thats me and my Beemer.

Cheers
Phil

#4 ·
hi and welcome...if you are even slightly handy with a set of spanners you will find you will save a fortune with the informative guides and help from forum members,dont be afraid to ask any questions no matter how trivial they may seem,chances are someone here has already encountered it and will be only too happy to help!!
and as already said,once you have had a beemer theres no going back:hihi

#8 ·
I am slightly handy with spanners. I have changed 4 engines in the last 3 years, 2 of which were Omega V6's. I also did 7 gearboxes on omegas (had a thing with omegas for while, but i got better). I did al these single handed.

I also rebuilt the front of my focus when someone hit it, pushing the front over by about 18"

So, yep. I am quite handy with the old spanners. Nothing and I do mean nothing I won't have a go at car wise.

Thanks for the great welcome!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.