Golf 1.4 16V
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Hatchback

Thanks
    Hi all,

I'm Neil, 19 and from Derby. Currently drive a VW Golf and as much as i love dubs, the only reason i bought a VW was because i couldn't afford a proper German car

Anyway, i'll be selling it this year (around summer time, just after) and although buying a BMW isn't guaranteed (there are other cars on my list which i'd like to go view first) i thought i'd join up to read up on some common problems and some inspiration etc.

What are you after, i hear you all ask? Well, it'd be an E46, ideally a coupe. Trouble is the 320cd is a little out of my price range (or they've all done well over 90,000 miles for my budget), the 320ci is looking uninsurable (probably because it's a 6cylinder) which leaves the beastly 318ci 16V. If i do go down that route, it'll need to be a facelift model in M Sport trim.

And don't worry, if i do get a 318 i promise i won't stick an "M Power" badge on it

Look forward to seeing some of your threads guys

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    plasma23's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    automatic
    Car Body Type:
    saloon

Images
    Thanks
    Hey mate, why not consider the Honda CTR. You can get the EP3 versions at a good price. It's a joy to drive, hitting vtec at a massive 6000 rpm, pushing it all the way to 8k.

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    Neil93's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    Golf 1.4 16V
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Hatchback

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by plasma23 View Post
    Hey mate, why not consider the Honda CTR. You can get the EP3 versions at a good price. It's a joy to drive, hitting vtec at a massive 6000 rpm, pushing it all the way to 8k.
    That's also not insurable!! Civic Type S (FN?) is however. But i want to stay german, i also feel BMW's have a better car scene and are accepted in the VW scene too (thinking back to shows i went to last year).

Major performance isn't that much of an issue for me just yet, somewhere between 130 - 170bhp would be nice