BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Hello there new chap here !

Tags
chap
1K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  Dez-Derek 
#1 ·
Hi all, I'm off tomorrow on a 300 odd mile Round trip for my first BMW..

Had Hondas for the last 10 years, my last just sold Monday..
Was a import 4 door Type R 2008 called FD2 very rare, good money too :cool

So I'm after a 335i coupe with all the toys, something a stripped out Type R never has !

RWD + Auto in the winter am I mad ?

Regards Deano.

#4 ·
Hello and welcome. I'm glad more people are seeing that BMW are great driver's car and not listening to what everyone says about their owners! May I ask, why the change from a Jap FWD Honda to a German RWD BMW, after 10 years?

#5 ·
Thanks for the welcome.

Why after 10 years... Well the only way to go with a Honda after my FD2 would've only been a NSX :cool
But with 2 children it's a bit selfish (2seats) lolz, so I thought why not scratch that BMW itch.

I admire the engineering and 'drivers car status' & I'm looking forward to a different driving experience :D

Going to be leaving soon, wish me luck !

Deano

#6 ·
Ahh I see! I'm sure you'll enjoy it! I certainly am, and I'm only 19!
I'm sure everyone has a BMW itch but are too afraid to scratch it. People might not let you into or out of side roads. Don't take this personally. You're probably going to overtake them soon after :) What I generally do, is only let other BMWs in or out of side roads, and most of the times they do the same to me :)
Tell us how it goes!

#11 ·
Pictures of this new BMW you have? and a picture of your old Honda?

Welcome to the forum lad!

#16 ·
Welcome to the crazy world of the 335i!

Hi Edyy, Traded in my 330i M Sport Conv for the 335i (2011) in Mineral White recently and OMG! what a different car this is, can't stop grinning whilst the engine's singing! Not looking forward to the idea of snow but I guess we'll get some soon, best leave the Sport button alone for a while! Enjoy!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.