My name is Tim and I drive a crap car!
I've currently got a 2001 Astra 2.0 diesel which is probably one of the worst cars I've ever driven. I'm coming up to my 20th birthday now so I'm looking for something rather better.
I had a lend of my father-in-law's late 2008 320d M-sport for a month and MY GOODNESS - It's georgeous to drive! The only niggle is that the suspension was very firm. Obviously, I'm not loaded like he is, only having around £12k to spend.
I'm looking at E46 3-series and really just have a few questions. I would be looking at 2.0 diesel variants.
1) What does the "ES" specification have that the "SE" doesn't?
2) I want the 6-speed gearbox and the 150bhp engine...I'd have to go for a 2003+ vehicle, right?
3) What should I be looking out for on these cars?
4) Do the E46 models have the stupid run-flat tyres?
5) Does anyone have any idea about average servicing costs?
Sorry if this isn't in the right section...it just seemed to tie in with my intro bit.