Car Details
    Rob_G's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    335d SE
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Car Body Type:

West Midlands

Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Rob, I live in the West Midlands (UK) and have today purchased my first BMW.

From what I've read so far, this forum seems to have some very knowledgeable and friendly users so I look forward to getting to know you all better over the coming weeks, months and years.

The car I've bought is a 2006 (56) 335d SE Coupe in dark metallic grey with cream leather interior. It has 65k on the clock with full BMW SH. I drove it home today from London and must say that I thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The car has tremendous power with great refinement and solidity.

I have a list of jobs to get on with over the next few weeks which include:

2 new front tyres
    4 wheel laser alignment
    Rear discs and pads
    Lubricate fan blower
    Thorough clean and detail
    *Alter driveway to better accommodate my car and the wife's.

I plan to get to know the car better before I do much else, but on the longer term list of jobs/mods I have:

Upgrade audio (standard stereo at present)
    Remap (balance of economy and performance)

My current plan is to either self-service the vehicle or use a local independent. I'm reluctant to use the main dealer due to a fear of being ripped off and I don't intend to take out the extended BMW warranty.

Hope this is enough of an introduction. Look out for my dumb questions elsewhere on the forum and feel free to correct and misunderstandings I may have (I am a complete novice when it comes to BMW cars).

Last edited by Rob_G; 14-04-2013 at 23:47.