320Ci M Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    Hi folks

I thought it was about time I introduced myself, names Faz (short for Faisal), I recently picked up my 2nd E46 coupe first 1 was stolen a while back.

I live in Croydon, South London, so that kind of explains the stolen car I guess.

Nice example this 1, 2004 320ci sport, Estroil blue, super duper low mileage 26k, 1 lady owner etc... lots of extras too, heated seats, folding mirrors, xenons (factory), bluetooth, 6CD blah blah blah....

Was not too sure about the colour at first but Im glad I went for it because Estroil Blue is awsome in the flesh, looks like a proper mini M3. People really know your coming!#

IMG_1172.jpg
    IMG_1185.jpg
    IMG_1187.jpg

The car is not perfect tho! the previous owner was a lady so there are plenty of silly little scrapes and dings, but Ill get those sorted soon enough. Benefit of a lady owner is that the engine is super sweet, feels almost brand new!

I know my pictures are pants, but once I get her cleaned up Ill get some better pics on my proper camera uploaded.

I am currently refurbing the centre console due to light scratching - I hope to upload a nice little tutorial for others once I'm done.

IMG_1188.jpg

I have already done:
    • full smd led light convertion i.e. sidelights, interior lights & plate lights
    • new 3D resin number plate with locking plate surrounds (really nice combo)
    • installed first aid kit (was missing)
    • refurbed phone cradle eject compartment
    • replaced a few odds and sods that were cheap and easy
    • completed the tool kit with items I had from my previous car

IMG_1189.jpg
    IMG_1190.jpg
    IMG_1191.jpg

I plan todo:
    • Sort out body issues, little dings, scrapes abit of paint here and there also both bumpers need realigning
    • releather steering wheel using perforated leather and tri colour stitching (Royal steering wheels)
    • install satin silver gauge surrounds (i like them) (ordered)
    • replace bonnet heatshield (mines shrunk alot and has damage) (BMW)
    • replace exhaust tips (I cut through the chrome when cleaning off 8yrs of grime) (BMW)
    • get both door cube trims refurbed by shady's carbon

Wish list
    • Refurb wheels they are ok for now but refurb that was done by previous owner is not upto my standard (also may change colour to gunmetal or slightly darker than oem)
    • have centre console upholstered in leather (B-trim = approx £250)
    • install oem satnav (going to be complex and expensive)
    • replace passenger side door seal (cig burns in the felt trim) £264 each side so not sure if can be asked
    • redye both front seats at some point but not essential at this time!

Well as you can see I like to plan alot, but I think you have to otherwise costs spiral out of control!

I plan on never selling this car so thats why I plan to do some many unrequired tasks, in the end I just want it to be as oem and fresh as possible.

Cheers for viewing, Ill add more pictures when the weather improves and something changes!

Faz

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    MLAM's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325i Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon
    Thanks
    Welcome to the forum!

Car looks great already in the pictures.

A point on the Navigation, have you considered a Dynavin unit (or even the Clone), it looks 95% like the BMW unit and it's more or less plug and play.

Where have you ordered the silver rings for the dials?
    Factory Specification
    E46 325i Sport Automatic; Titanium Silver; Grey Montana Leather; Heated Front Seats; Bluetooth Preparation
    6 Disc CD Autochanger; BMW Business Loud Speaker Upgrade; Electric Folding Door Mirrors

Upgrades
    BMW Performance Kidney Grills & Gear Knob; BW Chiptune Remap; ITG Filter; SMG Paddle Shift; Silvertec Indicator Bulbs
    LED Angel Eyes, Interior Kit, Number Plate Bulbs; CREE LED Reverse Bulbs; Silver Dial Surrounds; Hubcentric Wheel Spacers; Full Sized Spare Wheel

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MLAM For This Useful Post:

KEFLON (09-06-2012)

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    KEFLON's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    320Ci M Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    Thank you for the comments and welcome

I have been looking into the dynavin unit and I've seen how easy it is to install compared to the oem kit, but I dunno its not oem! its on the table for now, but im in no rush for that mod.

the rings I got from here: BMW E46 DASH CLUSTER GAUGE RINGS SILVER SATIN | eBay

the feedback seems good enough to give it ago, and well if they are crap its only £15, they are bound to be triple in price at the dealer.

sorry if not allowed to link ebay.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to KEFLON For This Useful Post:

MLAM (10-06-2012)