I thought it was about time I introduced myself, names Faz (short for Faisal), I recently picked up my 2nd E46 coupe first 1 was stolen a while back.
I live in Croydon, South London, so that kind of explains the stolen car I guess.
Nice example this 1, 2004 320ci sport, Estroil blue, super duper low mileage 26k, 1 lady owner etc... lots of extras too, heated seats, folding mirrors, xenons (factory), bluetooth, 6CD blah blah blah....
Was not too sure about the colour at first but Im glad I went for it because Estroil Blue is awsome in the flesh, looks like a proper mini M3. People really know your coming!#
The car is not perfect tho! the previous owner was a lady so there are plenty of silly little scrapes and dings, but Ill get those sorted soon enough. Benefit of a lady owner is that the engine is super sweet, feels almost brand new!
I know my pictures are pants, but once I get her cleaned up Ill get some better pics on my proper camera uploaded.
I am currently refurbing the centre console due to light scratching - I hope to upload a nice little tutorial for others once I'm done.
I have already done:
- full smd led light convertion i.e. sidelights, interior lights & plate lights
- new 3D resin number plate with locking plate surrounds (really nice combo)
- installed first aid kit (was missing)
- refurbed phone cradle eject compartment
- replaced a few odds and sods that were cheap and easy
- completed the tool kit with items I had from my previous car
I plan todo:
- Sort out body issues, little dings, scrapes abit of paint here and there also both bumpers need realigning
- releather steering wheel using perforated leather and tri colour stitching (Royal steering wheels)
- install satin silver gauge surrounds (i like them) (ordered)
- replace bonnet heatshield (mines shrunk alot and has damage) (BMW)
- replace exhaust tips (I cut through the chrome when cleaning off 8yrs of grime) (BMW)
- get both door cube trims refurbed by shady's carbon
- Refurb wheels they are ok for now but refurb that was done by previous owner is not upto my standard (also may change colour to gunmetal or slightly darker than oem)
- have centre console upholstered in leather (B-trim = approx £250)
- install oem satnav (going to be complex and expensive)
- replace passenger side door seal (cig burns in the felt trim) £264 each side so not sure if can be asked
- redye both front seats at some point but not essential at this time!
Well as you can see I like to plan alot, but I think you have to otherwise costs spiral out of control!
I plan on never selling this car so thats why I plan to do some many unrequired tasks, in the end I just want it to be as oem and fresh as possible.
Cheers for viewing, Ill add more pictures when the weather improves and something changes!