C70 T5
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    Hi,

I am new to the forum but not to BMW's. My 1st was a e28 520i which I bought in 1997. Loved the cars looks and sound. Exchanged that for an e34 525i Auto...beautiful motor in Lachs silver and BBS alloys, but blew it H/gasket after 6 weeks. My last attempt at BMW ownership was a mixed affair. I purchased a 1992 e36 325i Auto in lagoon green. It was badged as an Alpina as it had been specced up by Sytners (I think) to include the leather, spoiler, exhaust, alloys etc. Alas, the engine was standard. At some point before I got it, someone had removed the Softline alloys and leather thus making it look like I had an Alpina badge on a 316..not good. I found the car very ordinary to be honest although I did manage to get it registered on the Alpina register. After 3 or 4 months I sold it for a small profit. 2 years after this i saw it for sale on the Alpina register and it had been put back to its former glory - so hopefully it is still out there.

I have had numerous cars since then, the best being a Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo. Plus a very nice MK2 Golf GTI 16v. I have just sold my Volvo C70 T5 - 240bhp and all the trimmings(but still boring) and on Friday I am going to Luton to, hopefully, to purchase my next BMW. Its a 1997 328 convertible in light blue. History, AC Schnitzer alloys, T&T. Looks the dogs...just hope it is as good as it looks. Fingers crossed!

One thing that is on my mind though is the Nikasil problems that these cars had pre 1998. Am I right to assume that these problems would have been sorted by now. Or could I be about to inherit a nail. I would be grateful for any advice.

Anyway, really looking forward to being back in the BMW fold and hopefully meet new folk.

Cheers Oliver

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    corkie80's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    coupe
    Thanks
    Hi mate I can't help you with your worries but I don't live far and don't mind getting my hands dirty if needed

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    Cevert1973's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    C70 T5
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by corkie80 View Post
    Hi mate I can't help you with your worries but I don't live far and don't mind getting my hands dirty if needed
    Thanks Mate. Thats appreciated!

5. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    Cevert1973's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    C70 T5
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cevert1973 View Post
    Hi,

I am going to Luton to, hopefully, to purchase my next BMW. Its a 1997 328 convertible in light blue. History, AC Schnitzer alloys, T&T. Looks the dogs...just hope it is as good as it looks. Fingers crossed!

Cheers Oliver
    Well I bought it - so I am now an official BMW owner. A few niggles and gripes, but a great looking motor and one I look forward to bringing back to good order. No doubt this will entail picking the brains of you folk on here. So please accept my apology in advance.

Cheers Oliver